Syracuse Crunch Sign Defenseman Nolan Valleau to AHL Contract
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Syracuse Crunch have signed defenseman Nolan Valleau to an AHL contract for the remainder of the 2018-19 season with a club option for the 2019-20 season, general manager Julien BriseBois announced today.
Valleau, 26, has appeared in 12 games and registered four assists with the Crunch since joining the team on a PTO on Oct. 30. He has also skated in seven games with the Orlando Solar Bears of the ECHL this season posting two goals and two assists along with a plus-6 rating. Last season, the 6-foot-1, 181-pound blueliner appeared in 41 contests with Orlando tallying 34 points (8g, 26a). He also played in 16 AHL games with the Chicago Wolves, Rockford IceHogs, Milwaukee Admirals and Utica Comets during the 2017-18 season.
The Novi, Michigan native has appeared in 136 career AHL games recording four goals and 20 assists. Prior to his professional career, Valleau spent one season at Bowling Green State University in 2014-15 registering 19 points (2g, 17a) in 39 games after playing in the USHL with the Des Moines Buccaneers and Chicago Steel in 2012-13.
Single game tickets and packages for the 2018-19 season are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Crunch office located inside the War Memorial Arena at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse, by calling the office at 315-473-4444 or online through Ticketmaster. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2018
- Meet Santa Next Sunday (December 16) at the IceHogs Game - Rockford IceHogs
- Terrence Wallin, Alex Kile Summoned from Maine Mariners, Rangers Recall Matt Beleskey - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Oilers Recall Marody and Assign Russell - Bakersfield Condors
- Senators Recall Ciampini from Brampton - Belleville Senators
- McKenna Savouring His Time in the NHL - Belleville Senators
- 'Canes Recall Maenalanen from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- T-Birds Begin 3-In-3 Weekend in Utica Friday - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Otto Somppi to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Jets Reassign Nelson Nogier to the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Shop and Skate with the Condors Wednesday, December 12 - Bakersfield Condors
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Defenseman Nolan Valleau to AHL Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Checkers, SONC to Host Polar Plunge on January 19 - Charlotte Checkers
- Brian Lashoff Recalled by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Gabriel Carlsson from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Roadrunners Capture 5-2 Win, Continue San Diego Dominance - Tucson Roadrunners
- Shaw's Effort Not Enough in Moose Loss - Manitoba Moose
- Gulls Fall to Tucson, 5-2 - San Diego Gulls
- Marody Dishes a Condors 4-3 Win over Manitoba - Bakersfield Condors
- Amerks Hold off Comets for 5-2 Win - Rochester Americans
- Iowa Falters against Chicago in 4-3 OT Loss - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Halt Rampage for Sixth Straight Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Hague Caps Wolves' Rally with Overtime Winner - Chicago Wolves
- Rampage Cap Road Trip with Loss to Griffins - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Crunch Take Game 3 over Monsters, 2-1
- Crunch Face 2-0 Series Deficit After 5-1 Loss to Monsters
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Otto Somppi to Orlando Solar Bears
- Crunch Fall to Monsters, 5-3
- Alex Barre-Boulet Voted Winner of Dudley (Red) Garrett Memorial Award as AHL's Outstanding Rookie