Brian Lashoff Recalled by Detroit
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Detroit Red Wings on Thursday recalled defenseman Brian Lashoff from the Grand Rapids Griffins.
An alternate captain with the Griffins, Lashoff, 28, shows three points (0-3 - 3), a plus-two rating and 19 penalty minutes in 17 games this season. Lashoff made his pro debut with the Griffins during the 2008-09 campaign and ranks second in Grand Rapids history in both regular season (417) and postseason games played (73). In the regular season he posts 87 points (21-66 - 87), a plus-18 rating and 213 PIM. One of only three players in franchise history to be a part of both the 2013 and 2017 Calder Cup championships, Lashoff adds 19 points (5-14 - 19) and 34 PIM in the playoffs.
A 6-foot-3, 221-pound blueliner, Lashoff has skated in 123 games with the Red Wings over parts of five seasons (2012-15, 2016-18), notching 13 points (2-11 - 13) and 57 PIM. He became the 126th Griffins alumnus to play in the NHL when he debuted with Detroit and registered his first goal in the same game on Jan. 21, 2013 at Columbus. Lashoff made his Stanley Cup Playoff debut in 2013 and has logged eight career postseason contests.
The Griffins are on an eight-game point and six-game winning streak and are at Rockford on Friday at 8 p.m. EST to begin a three-game road trip.
Detroit is in Toronto tonight at 7 p.m.
Single-game tickets are currently on sale. Fans can secure their full-season, select-season or group ticket packages by calling (616) 774-4585 ext. 2 or visit griffinshockey.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2018
- Meet Santa Next Sunday (December 16) at the IceHogs Game - Rockford IceHogs
- Terrence Wallin, Alex Kile Summoned from Maine Mariners, Rangers Recall Matt Beleskey - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Oilers Recall Marody and Assign Russell - Bakersfield Condors
- Senators Recall Ciampini from Brampton - Belleville Senators
- McKenna Savouring His Time in the NHL - Belleville Senators
- 'Canes Recall Maenalanen from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- T-Birds Begin 3-In-3 Weekend in Utica Friday - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Otto Somppi to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Jets Reassign Nelson Nogier to the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Shop and Skate with the Condors Wednesday, December 12 - Bakersfield Condors
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Defenseman Nolan Valleau to AHL Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Checkers, SONC to Host Polar Plunge on January 19 - Charlotte Checkers
- Brian Lashoff Recalled by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Gabriel Carlsson from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Roadrunners Capture 5-2 Win, Continue San Diego Dominance - Tucson Roadrunners
- Shaw's Effort Not Enough in Moose Loss - Manitoba Moose
- Gulls Fall to Tucson, 5-2 - San Diego Gulls
- Marody Dishes a Condors 4-3 Win over Manitoba - Bakersfield Condors
- Amerks Hold off Comets for 5-2 Win - Rochester Americans
- Iowa Falters against Chicago in 4-3 OT Loss - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Halt Rampage for Sixth Straight Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Hague Caps Wolves' Rally with Overtime Winner - Chicago Wolves
- Rampage Cap Road Trip with Loss to Griffins - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Rapids Griffins Stories
- Larry Figurski Wins AHL's James H. Ellery Memorial Award for Outstanding Media Coverage
- Griffins' "Put a Lid on It!" Program to Offer Drive-Thru Bike Helmet Distributions
- Griffins Youth Hockey Camp Postponed
- Griffins and Versiti Blood Center to Hold Blood Drive at Van Andel Arena Next Friday, June 26
- WXSP-TV to Air Special Rebroadcast of Griffins' 2017 Cup-Clincher this Saturday