Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Gabriel Carlsson from Monsters
CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Monsters, American Hockey League affiliate of the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets, announced Thursday that the Blue Jackets recalled defenseman Gabriel Carlsson from the Monsters. A 6'5", 192 lb., left-handed native of Orebro, Sweden, Carlsson, 21, was originally selected by Columbus in the first round (29th overall) in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft.
Carlsson posted two penalty minutes and a -1 rating in one appearance for Columbus this season and added 1-6-7 with two penalty minutes and a -1 rating in 18 appearances for the Monsters this year. Carlsson posted 0-3-3 with six penalty minutes and a -3 rating in 17 career NHL appearances for the Blue Jackets spanning the past three seasons and notched a +1 rating in five postseason appearances for Columbus in 2017.
In 54 career AHL appearances for the Monsters spanning the past three seasons, Carlsson supplied 3-10-13 with 18 penalty minutes and a -2 rating and logged 3-12-15 with eight penalty minutes and a +15 rating in 92 career SHL appearances for Linkoping HC spanning parts of three seasons from 2014-17. Additionally, Carlsson represented Sweden in the 2016 and 2017 IIHF U20 World Junior Championships.
Next up for the Monsters, it's a Friday road clash vs. the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins with full coverage, live from Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza in Wilkes-Barre, PA, underway at 7:00 pm on Alt 99.1, AHLTV and the Monsters Hockey Network.
Cleveland Monsters Holiday Packs are on sale now and include exclusive Monsters Holiday socks, a Monsters snow globe and equal number of Disney on Ice tickets at The Q! Holiday Packs start as low as $54 and can be purchased today by visiting www.clevelandmonsters.com/holiday or by calling the Monsters sales and service team at 216-420-0000. Be sure to follow the Monsters on Twitter @monstershockey, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/monstershockey, and on Instagram @monstershockey.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2018
- Meet Santa Next Sunday (December 16) at the IceHogs Game - Rockford IceHogs
- Terrence Wallin, Alex Kile Summoned from Maine Mariners, Rangers Recall Matt Beleskey - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Oilers Recall Marody and Assign Russell - Bakersfield Condors
- Senators Recall Ciampini from Brampton - Belleville Senators
- McKenna Savouring His Time in the NHL - Belleville Senators
- 'Canes Recall Maenalanen from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- T-Birds Begin 3-In-3 Weekend in Utica Friday - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Otto Somppi to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Jets Reassign Nelson Nogier to the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Shop and Skate with the Condors Wednesday, December 12 - Bakersfield Condors
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Defenseman Nolan Valleau to AHL Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Checkers, SONC to Host Polar Plunge on January 19 - Charlotte Checkers
- Brian Lashoff Recalled by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Gabriel Carlsson from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Roadrunners Capture 5-2 Win, Continue San Diego Dominance - Tucson Roadrunners
- Shaw's Effort Not Enough in Moose Loss - Manitoba Moose
- Gulls Fall to Tucson, 5-2 - San Diego Gulls
- Marody Dishes a Condors 4-3 Win over Manitoba - Bakersfield Condors
- Amerks Hold off Comets for 5-2 Win - Rochester Americans
- Iowa Falters against Chicago in 4-3 OT Loss - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Halt Rampage for Sixth Straight Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Hague Caps Wolves' Rally with Overtime Winner - Chicago Wolves
- Rampage Cap Road Trip with Loss to Griffins - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Fall to Amerks in Overtime, 2-1
- Monsters Tripped up by Amerks, 3-1, in First Edition of 'Great Lakes Rivalry Series'
- Monsters and Americans Announce 'Great Lakes Rivalry Series'
- Monsters Announce Joe Thomas Bobblehead for 'Cleveland Sports Legends' Night at the Q on February 9th
- Gerbe's Two Goals Lead Monsters Past Phantoms, 4-2