Storm Battle Stampede at Viaero Center
Kearney, NE. - The Tri-City Storm will host the Sioux Falls Stampede tonight at the Viaero Center following a 5-3 home victory last night over the Waterloo Black Hawks. "Stormy's Birthday" is the promotion for tonight's game and $5 Kids Tickets are available for purchase. Tomorrow's home game against Sioux Falls is completely sold out, but a limited amount of tickets remain for tonight's game. Tickets may be purchased online at www.StormHockey.com or by calling the Viaero Center Box Office at 308-338-8144. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:05pm.
Tri-City (23-13-2-1) won the season series against the Waterloo Black Hawks in a 5-3 home win last night at the Viaero Center. The Storm finished the season with a 3-2-1-0 record against the Black Hawks in the six-game season series. Hunter Strand scored his fourteenth and fifteenth goals of the season and was named the 1st Star of last night's game. Additionally, Rhett Pitlick netted his ninth goal of the year, Adam Klapka scored his seventh goal of the season, and Kieran Cebrian scored his second goal of the year. Todd Scott notched his fifteenth win of the season in net. Tri-City has now clinched a victory in head-to-head matchups this season against the Fargo Force, Omaha Lancers, Sioux City Musketeers, and Waterloo Black Hawks. Tri-City currently holds a 1-2-1-0 record against Sioux Falls through the first four games of this season's eight-game season series. The Storm jumped the Omaha Lancers last night for 2nd place in the Western Conference standings in the 5-3 victory over Waterloo. Tri-City's lone victory over the Stampede to this point in the 2020-2021 regular season came in a 5-4 overtime win at the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center on February 5th. Cole McWard scored the game-winning goal with four seconds left in overtime.
Sioux Falls (17-19-3-1) enters tonight's game at the Viaero Center as the 6th place team in the USHL's Western Conference standings. The Stampede defeated the Lincoln Stars by a final score of 8-4 on Tuesday at the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center in Sioux Falls. Sioux Falls netted the opening eight goals of the game before allowing the Stars to scored four unanswered goals in the 3rd period. Luke Toporowski (2), Nate Schweitzer (2), Garrett Pinoniemi, Cole Sillinger, Daniel Russell, and Michael Citara all scored goals in the victory. Trent Burnham posted his eighth win of the season in net after making thirty-four saves on thirty-eight shots. Sioux Falls holds an 11-7-1-0 record against the Storm in head-to-head matchups over the past five seasons. The Stampede is 4-6-0-0 in games played at the Viaero Center over the past five seasons. Following this weekend's two-game series against the Storm, Sioux Falls will complete a three-game weekend with a road game against the Omaha Lancers on Sunday at Ralston Arena.
Tonight's game is set to begin at 7:05pm CT and will be streamed live on HockeyTV, and Storm Radio. For tickets to Storm home games at the Viaero Center, call 308-338-8144 or visit www.StormHockey.com #StormAhead.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from March 19, 2021
- Overtime at the Ice Box - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Buccaneers Sink Lancers in Season Series Finale, 3-2 - Omaha Lancers
- Steel Dominate Third for 7-3 Win over Dubuque - Chicago Steel
- Stampede Drop 4-3 Loss to Tri-City Storm - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Balanced Effort Fuels Musketeer Rally over Fargo - Sioux City Musketeers
- Gameday Preview: vs. Waterloo - Lincoln Stars
- Storm Battle Stampede at Viaero Center - Tri-City Storm
- Mikesch Named Head Coach for All-American Game - Green Bay Gamblers
- Mason Lohrei Breaks Record - Green Bay Gamblers
- Steel Fans to Return; 25% Capacity Announced - Chicago Steel
- Stampede Sunday, April 18 Game Rescheduled - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Week 20 Preview - Fargo Force
- Broz Peart and Lamoureux Selected for BioSteel All-American Game - Fargo Force
- Musketeers Announce Change to Schedule - Sioux City Musketeers
- Season Ticket Renewals Set - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Weekend Preview: Fargo - Sioux City Musketeers
- Storm Defeat Black Hawks 5-3 - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tri-City Storm Stories
- Storm Post Back-To-Back Overtime Wins to Begin Season
- Gameday Preview: Storm Set for Final Game of Fall Classic
- Storm Post Season-Opening Victory over Fighting Saints
- Gameday Preview: Storm Set to Open 2021-2022 Regular Season
- Storm Announce Roster for 2021-2022 Season