Buccaneers Sink Lancers in Season Series Finale, 3-2
URBANDALE, IA - The Omaha Lancers fell to the Des Moines Buccaneers by a final score of 3-2 on Friday night.
In the first period, Mitchell Wolfe (2:23) got the Buccaneers an early 1-0 lead shooting the puck from atop of the left circle beating Dobes. The Lancers evened the game up 1-1 when Nick Perna (10:16) shot the puck from the blue line past Mullahey.
After a scoreless second period, the Lancers opened up the third with a goal from Ryan Lautenbach (0:16) scoring from the slot. Ayrton Martino found the puck below the goal line and gave it to Lautenbach for his 12th goal of the year and a 2-1 Lancer lead. During the second of back-to-back power-plays, the Lancers mishandled the puck at their own blue line when Alex Laferriere (5:01) snapped it past Dobes for a 2-2 tie. Late into the period, and right off of the faceoff draw, Matt Choupani (17:52) dug the puck out from underneath the centers in the circle scoring what would be the game-winning goal for a 3-2 score.
The Lancers are now 23-18-0-1 on the season and have now dropped to 4th place in the USHL Western Conference with 47 points.
Omaha will face off against the Lincoln Stars tomorrow at Ralston Arena. The opening face-off is set for 6:05 PM. All of the action of the game will be on MixLR and HockeyTV.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from March 19, 2021
- Overtime at the Ice Box - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Buccaneers Sink Lancers in Season Series Finale, 3-2 - Omaha Lancers
- Steel Dominate Third for 7-3 Win over Dubuque - Chicago Steel
- Stampede Drop 4-3 Loss to Tri-City Storm - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Balanced Effort Fuels Musketeer Rally over Fargo - Sioux City Musketeers
- Gameday Preview: vs. Waterloo - Lincoln Stars
- Storm Battle Stampede at Viaero Center - Tri-City Storm
- Mikesch Named Head Coach for All-American Game - Green Bay Gamblers
- Mason Lohrei Breaks Record - Green Bay Gamblers
- Steel Fans to Return; 25% Capacity Announced - Chicago Steel
- Stampede Sunday, April 18 Game Rescheduled - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Week 20 Preview - Fargo Force
- Broz Peart and Lamoureux Selected for BioSteel All-American Game - Fargo Force
- Musketeers Announce Change to Schedule - Sioux City Musketeers
- Season Ticket Renewals Set - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Weekend Preview: Fargo - Sioux City Musketeers
- Storm Defeat Black Hawks 5-3 - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.