Mason Lohrei Breaks Record
With his assist in Tuesday's 6-4 win over Dubuque, Mason Lohrei set the Gamblers team record for points in a season by a defenseman. Lohrei's 50 points (15 goals & 35 assists) surpassed Derrick LaPoint (Eau Claire, WI), who tallied 49 points during the 2006-2007 campaign.
Lohrei (Verona, WI), who five times this year has garnered USHL Defensive Player of the Week honors, leads all USHL defenseman in goals (15), assists (35) and points (50) and ranks fifth overall in league scoring. Lohrei was selected by the Boston Bruins in the 2nd round of the 2020 NHL Entry Draft.
Jeff Finger who starred for the Gamblers for three seasons (1997-2000) currently holds the team record for career goals (29), assists (72) and points (101) by a defenseman. Finger played four seasons in the NHL for the Colorado Avalanche (2006-2008) and the Toronto Maple Leafs (2008-2010)
Lohrei's career Gambler totals stand at 23 goals, 64 assists and 87 points. The Gamblers have 17 regular season games remaining.
The Gamblers hit the ice this Friday and Saturday as they welcome the Muskegon Lumberjacks to the Resch Center. Friday is a Festival Foods Family Night, $2 jumbo dogs, $2 soda and discounted tickets for kids 14 and under. Saturday, Bud and Bud Light draughts just $2. Start time for both games, 7:05 PM. Tickets available at gamblershockey.com or at the Resch Center box office. Box office opens at 10:00 AM.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from March 19, 2021
- Overtime at the Ice Box - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Buccaneers Sink Lancers in Season Series Finale, 3-2 - Omaha Lancers
- Steel Dominate Third for 7-3 Win over Dubuque - Chicago Steel
- Stampede Drop 4-3 Loss to Tri-City Storm - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Balanced Effort Fuels Musketeer Rally over Fargo - Sioux City Musketeers
- Gameday Preview: vs. Waterloo - Lincoln Stars
- Storm Battle Stampede at Viaero Center - Tri-City Storm
- Mikesch Named Head Coach for All-American Game - Green Bay Gamblers
- Mason Lohrei Breaks Record - Green Bay Gamblers
- Steel Fans to Return; 25% Capacity Announced - Chicago Steel
- Stampede Sunday, April 18 Game Rescheduled - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Week 20 Preview - Fargo Force
- Broz Peart and Lamoureux Selected for BioSteel All-American Game - Fargo Force
- Musketeers Announce Change to Schedule - Sioux City Musketeers
- Season Ticket Renewals Set - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Weekend Preview: Fargo - Sioux City Musketeers
- Storm Defeat Black Hawks 5-3 - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.