Balanced Effort Fuels Musketeer Rally over Fargo
(Fargo, ND) - The Sioux City Musketeers scored two third period goals to rally for a 3-2 road victory over conference-leading Fargo on Friday.
Shai Buium opened the scoring with 3:48 left in the first period, snapping a wristshot from the right circle that whizzed past Force goaltender Andrew Miller. But Fargo's Ryan Siedem would answer with a power play goal three minutes later and the two teams went to intermission knotted at one goal apiece.
The Force scored the only goal of the second period with 4:35 left but Justin Hyrckowian retied the game with an unassisted 4-on-4 goal just over three minutes into the third frame. Hryckowian then assisted on what proved to be the game-winning goal nine minutes later when he connected with Chase Bradley coming down the left slot and Bradley jammed the puck home. The Musketeers managed to stave off a late Fargo power play and a pulled netminder to secure the victory.
Five different Musketeers recorded a point while Akira Schmid finished with 22 saves in net. Sioux City is now 20-20-1 and will take on Fargo again Saturday night with puck drop set for 6:05pm.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from March 19, 2021
- Overtime at the Ice Box - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Buccaneers Sink Lancers in Season Series Finale, 3-2 - Omaha Lancers
- Steel Dominate Third for 7-3 Win over Dubuque - Chicago Steel
- Stampede Drop 4-3 Loss to Tri-City Storm - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Balanced Effort Fuels Musketeer Rally over Fargo - Sioux City Musketeers
- Gameday Preview: vs. Waterloo - Lincoln Stars
- Storm Battle Stampede at Viaero Center - Tri-City Storm
- Mikesch Named Head Coach for All-American Game - Green Bay Gamblers
- Mason Lohrei Breaks Record - Green Bay Gamblers
- Steel Fans to Return; 25% Capacity Announced - Chicago Steel
- Stampede Sunday, April 18 Game Rescheduled - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Week 20 Preview - Fargo Force
- Broz Peart and Lamoureux Selected for BioSteel All-American Game - Fargo Force
- Musketeers Announce Change to Schedule - Sioux City Musketeers
- Season Ticket Renewals Set - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Weekend Preview: Fargo - Sioux City Musketeers
- Storm Defeat Black Hawks 5-3 - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.