Week 20 Preview
The conference leading Fargo Force (26-13-2; 54pts.) are gearing up for a 2-game series on home ice vs. the Sioux City Musketeers (19-20-1; 39pts.). Kicking off on Friday the 19th with Men's Night at 7:05 PM, followed by Cully's Kids Night on Saturday the 20th at 6:05PM!
This Force are fresh of a 2-0 shutout win over Sioux City last Sunday and will look to carry that momentum into this weekend. The teams are even on the season series with three wins apiece, but the Force have come away with the victors in all three of the most recent matchups.
Brennan Boynton was a big factor in Fargo's last matchup with the Musketeers, shutting the door on their offence and recording his third shutout of the season. His big performance on Sunday helped earn him USHL goalie of the week, with a 1.80 GAA and a .937 SV%. Tristan Broz (15G-28A-43P) sits atop the point leaderboard for the Force and the entire Western Conference. Currently averaging 1.05 points per game as well as leading the team in goals and assists, Broz has been a big contributor to the Force offensive line all season. The Huglen (13G-17A-30P) Monds (10G-11A-21P) Broz line contributed to both goals scored against Sioux City and will no doubt play a key role in this weekend's contest.
Leading scorers for Sioux City include Brian Carrabes (15G-15A-30P), Chase Bradley (11G-14A-25P) and Justin Hryckowian (12G-11A-23P). In their last three faceoffs with Fargo, the Musketeers have been held to a total of just three goals. They'll come into the weekend extremely hungry, as they currently sit in 5th place and with only the top 4 teams qualifying for the playoffs in each conference, they are on the outside looking in as far as making it to the post season.
Friday March 19th is Men's Night!
$10 All You Can Drink draft beer for men all night long
FREE Mini Stick giveaway upon entry
Saturday March 20th is Cully's Kids Night.
Specialty game worn jerseys will be auctioned off live after the game, all proceeds will go to the Cullen Children's Foundation.
A portion of all ticket sales will go to the Cullen Children's foundation as well!
Color changing Cully's Kids Cups will be given away upon entry
Fargo Force Captain Nick Strom is close to hitting his goal of $5000 raised for charity, check out his GoFundMe page!
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from March 19, 2021
- Overtime at the Ice Box - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Buccaneers Sink Lancers in Season Series Finale, 3-2 - Omaha Lancers
- Steel Dominate Third for 7-3 Win over Dubuque - Chicago Steel
- Stampede Drop 4-3 Loss to Tri-City Storm - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Balanced Effort Fuels Musketeer Rally over Fargo - Sioux City Musketeers
- Gameday Preview: vs. Waterloo - Lincoln Stars
- Storm Battle Stampede at Viaero Center - Tri-City Storm
- Mikesch Named Head Coach for All-American Game - Green Bay Gamblers
- Mason Lohrei Breaks Record - Green Bay Gamblers
- Steel Fans to Return; 25% Capacity Announced - Chicago Steel
- Stampede Sunday, April 18 Game Rescheduled - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Week 20 Preview - Fargo Force
- Broz Peart and Lamoureux Selected for BioSteel All-American Game - Fargo Force
- Musketeers Announce Change to Schedule - Sioux City Musketeers
- Season Ticket Renewals Set - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Weekend Preview: Fargo - Sioux City Musketeers
- Storm Defeat Black Hawks 5-3 - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.