Storm acquire Toliver from Nashville
TAMPA BAY - The five-time world champion Tampa Bay Storm have acquired wide receiver T.T. Toliver from the Nashville Kats in exchange for future considerations today, Head Coach and General Manager Tim Marcum announced.
"T.T. was a big part of the 2003 Championship run", Marcum said. "He is a great athlete, a guy with tremendous talent that can do a lot of different things for us."
Toliver, a 5-foot-11, 185-pound wide receiver from Bethune-Cookman previously played for the Storm from 2002 to 2005 and was a member of the 2003 World Championship team. The Kats acquired Toliver in 2005 via a mid-season trade with the Storm.
He finished the 2006 season as the Kats leading receiver with 78 receptions for 1,273 yards. In addition, Toliver rushed the ball seven times for 17 yards and three touchdowns, had 23 returns for 355 yards and one touchdown, while throwing for one touchdown. His 16.3 yards per catch led the AFL last season.
He has spent time on the practice squad of three National Football League teams, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2002), San Francisco 49ers (2002) and St. Louis Rams (2000-01). He was also the 1997-98 Junior College Player of the Year as a quarterback for Hinds Community College. He then transferred to Bethune-Cookman where he was also a member of the basketball team.
Toliver currently ranks third on the Storm's all-time kickoff return yardage list (2,056), sixth in career all-purpose yards (3,343) and ninth in career receptions (89). He also holds the franchise single game record for most kickoff return yards in a game with 274.
The 2007 Storm season, presented by Champs Sports, Where Sport Lives, will open on March 2 as the AFL kicks off the season with the War on I-4 at the St. Pete Times Forum. Former Storm quarterback Shane Stafford returns for his first game against the Storm. For tickets call 813.301.6600 or visit www.tampabaystorm.com.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from November 29, 2006
- Gladiators sign QB Shaun King - Las Vegas Gladiators
- VooDoo announce 2007 schedule - New Orleans VooDoo
- Colorado Crush release 2007 schedule - Colorado Crush
- Storm acquire Toliver from Nashville - Tampa Bay Storm
- Las Vegas Gladiators 2007 season schedule announced - Las Vegas Gladiators
- Dallas Desperados announce 2007 schedule - Dallas Desperados
- SaberCats announce 2007 schedule - San Jose SaberCats
- Soul announce 2007 schedule - Philadelphia Soul
- Rattlers announce 2007 schedule - Arizona Rattlers
- Brigade hosts defending ArenaBowl champs Chicago Rush to open 2007 season - Kansas City Brigade
- Blaze release 2007 season schedule - Utah Blaze
- 2007 Georgia Force Schedule Announced - Georgia Force
- Storm announce 2007 season schedule - Tampa Bay Storm
- Predators announce 2007 schedule - Orlando Predators
- 2007 Rampage Schedule Released - Grand Rapids Rampage
- Los Angeles Avengers announce 2007 schedule - Los Angeles Avengers
- Destroyers Announce 2007 Regular Season Schedule - Columbus Destroyers
- Nashville Kats 2007 Schedule Released by AFL - Nashville Kats
- 2007 Chicago Rush schedule announced - Chicago Rush
- Dragons 2007 season schedule announced - New York Dragons
- 2007 season begins March 1 - AFL I
- Wranglers' 2007 schedule released - Austin Wranglers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tampa Bay Storm Stories
- Tampa Bay Storm to Suspend Operations, Effective Immediately
- 2018 TAMPA BAY Storm Cheerleader PREP CLASS
- ALBANY AFL NAMES LES MOSS AS ASSISTANT HEAD COACH
- ALBANY AFL ANNOUNCES OPEN HOUSE EVENT AT TIMES UNION CENTER
- AFL Albany AFL Names Chris Thompson Director of Football