Stephens, Ross Lead Rox to Win
St. Cloud, MN - The St. Cloud Rox finished up a two-game series with the Bismarck Larks on Friday night at the Rock Pile by putting on an offensive showcase.
Led by Landon Stephens (Miami-Ohio) with two two-run home runs and Sean Ross (San Diego State) with five hits, St. Cloud went off for 11 runs on 14 hits to come away with the 11-9 win over Bismarck.
Stephens started things off for the Rox, belting a two-run home run to left field in the bottom of the first inning. He added another two-run home run in the bottom of the third inning, once again homering to left. Stephens finished 3-for-4 with five RBI and three runs scored. Stephens, who also homered twice on June 13 against Bismarck, ties the Rox single game record for most home runs in a game.
Ross finished a perfect 5-for-5 with one RBI and one run scored for St. Cloud, tying Chris Paul's Rox single game record set on July 8, 2013 for most hits in a game.
Along with Stephens and Ross, Ryan Weisenberg (Georgetown) finished 2-for-3 with three runs scored, while Hance Smith (California-Berkeley), Chad Bible (San Diego State) and Jack Barrie (Northwestern Ohio) all tallied one RBI for St. Cloud.
Carlo Graffeo (Minnesota State, Mankato) pitched the first four inning on the mound for the Rox, picking up a no-decision. Kyle Richardson (Texas A&M) pitched three innings in relief to grab the win, giving up one hit, two runs and striking out two. Finn Del Bonta-Smith (San Jose State) shut the door with one shutout inning in the ninth to earn the save.
St. Cloud (16-16 overall) will wrap up its six-game homestand at 6:05 p.m. Saturday night against the Willmar Stingers at the Rock Pile. The game will be Rox Baseball Bank Giveaway & Quarter Drop presented by Great River Federal Credit Union. The first 300 fans 12 years old and under will receive a baseball bank and will have a chance to pick up 4,000 quarters on the field after the game.
The Rox are in their seventh season of Northwoods League Baseball in 2018. Single game and group tickets for the entire season are on sale now. For more information on purchasing tickets, visit the Rox Ticket Office on the west end of the Municipal Athletic Complex, call 320-240-9798 or visit www.stcloudrox.com.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 29, 2018
- Loggers split with MoonDogs after 7-5 loss - La Crosse Loggers
- Bullfrogs Fall to Kingfish in Series Finale - Green Bay Booyah
- Rafters Lose in Extras to Chinooks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rivets lose tough one to Kalamazoo 21-9 - Rockford Rivets
- Blake Walden Stymies Honkers in 11-0 Shutout Win - Waterloo Bucks
- Chinooks' Buis Delivers in 11th Hour for Walk-Off WIn - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Stingers Complete Sweep of Eau Claire - Willmar Stingers
- Border Cats Snap Huskies Four Game Winning Streak - Duluth Huskies
- Five-Run Inning Downs Mallards 7-3 - Madison Mallards
- Stephens, Ross Lead Rox to Win - St. Cloud Rox
- Bombers Blast Past Dock Spiders - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Woodchucks Rise over First Place Mallards - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Walden Leads Bucks Past Honkers - Rochester Honkers
- Rafters Look to Earn Series Split with Chinooks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Have Chance to Clinch - Madison Mallards
- Bucks Win 8-7 Thriller over Honkers - Waterloo Bucks
- Frogs Knock-Off Kingfish in Comeback Effort - Green Bay Booyah
- Stingers Defeat Express 8-2 - Willmar Stingers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent St. Cloud Rox Stories
- Rox Add Two Players with Ties to Area, University of Minnesota
- More Familiar Faces Set to Return to the Rox for 2020 Season
- Rox Pitcher of the Year, Team MVP Both Set to Return for 2020 Season
- Rox Announce Schedule for 2020 Season
- Rodriguez to Return as Rox Field Manager in 2020 Along with Assistants Bellamy and Miklos