Rafters Look to Earn Series Split with Chinooks
Wisconsin Rapids, Wis. - Following a 4-1 loss to the Lakeshore Chinooks (12-17), the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters (14-16) head to Kapco Park aiming for a split of the home and home series. Lakeshore struck first last night off an RBI single from Christian Boulware. The Rafters would score their sole run in the fifth as Mike Rojas (Auburn) led off the inning with a homer to left. Lakeshore took the lead in the eighth scoring twice from an RBI sacrifice fly and a Rafters error. One more Chinooks run came home in the ninth on an RBI groundout.
The Chinooks hold the 2-1 advantage in the season series. With a win, the Rafters will split the home and home as well as the season series.
The Rafters will send Chandler Greenfield (2-0, 2.54 ERA) to the mound. Greenfield is making his first start of the season and his eighth total appearance. In 17.2 bullpen innings, the junior from Dixie State has allowed five earned runs on 17 hits and has struck out 17.
Taking the mound for Lakeshore is Brendon McGuigan (1-1, 0.90 ERA). The junior out of Richmond will be making his fifth start of the season. In 20 innings, the righty has allowed only three runs on 15 hits, five walks and 19 strikeouts.
First pitch from Kapco Park is set for 6:35 pm CT.
Images from this story
Wisconsin Rapids Rafters pitcher Chandler Greenfield
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 29, 2018
- Loggers split with MoonDogs after 7-5 loss - La Crosse Loggers
- Bullfrogs Fall to Kingfish in Series Finale - Green Bay Booyah
- Rafters Lose in Extras to Chinooks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rivets lose tough one to Kalamazoo 21-9 - Rockford Rivets
- Blake Walden Stymies Honkers in 11-0 Shutout Win - Waterloo Bucks
- Chinooks' Buis Delivers in 11th Hour for Walk-Off WIn - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Stingers Complete Sweep of Eau Claire - Willmar Stingers
- Border Cats Snap Huskies Four Game Winning Streak - Duluth Huskies
- Five-Run Inning Downs Mallards 7-3 - Madison Mallards
- Stephens, Ross Lead Rox to Win - St. Cloud Rox
- Bombers Blast Past Dock Spiders - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Woodchucks Rise over First Place Mallards - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Walden Leads Bucks Past Honkers - Rochester Honkers
- Rafters Look to Earn Series Split with Chinooks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Have Chance to Clinch - Madison Mallards
- Bucks Win 8-7 Thriller over Honkers - Waterloo Bucks
- Frogs Knock-Off Kingfish in Comeback Effort - Green Bay Booyah
- Stingers Defeat Express 8-2 - Willmar Stingers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Rapids Rafters Stories
- Rafters Announce 2021 Northwoods League Schedule
- Two Rafters Awarded Rawlings 'Finest in the Field'
- Skyward Partners with Rafters Again for 8th Annual Teacher of the Year Essay Contest
- Rafters New Front Office Addition Marks First Female Dominated Office in Northwoods League
- Rafters Continue to Give Back During 2020 Season