Bombers Blast Past Dock Spiders
FOND DU LAC, WI - The Fond du Lac Dock Spiders (18-13) dropped a tough one to the Battle Creek Bombers (15-16) a score of 20-8.
It was the second straight night where there was an offensive explosion and for Battle Creek it started early. The Bombers would record seven runs in the first inning.
Shane Ritter (Iowa) got the start on the mound for the Dock Spiders and lasted just a 1/3 of an inning after taking a ball to the hand.
For Fondy Alex Erro (Northwestern)would continue his hot streak picking up and RBI single in the bottom of the first.
The Dock Spiders erupted in the bottom of the second inning picking up five runs. It was four straight hits for Fondy and Jack Wassel (Minnesota)would be credited with the first RBI of the bottom of the frame. The second run of the inning was registered on a walk with the bases loaded that sent the runner from third home. Alex Erro (Northwestern)then ripped one into right center field from the right side of the plate which sent home two runs. Fond du Lac would only be trailing 7-6 after two innings of play
For Erro he now has eight RBI in his last two games and is 4 for 8.
In the bottom of the sixth inning Duncan Hewitt (Butler)led things off and smacked one out of the park over the left field fence. It was the Indianapolis, IN natives second home run of the season.
The rest of the ball game would be in favor the Bombers who were able to take advantage of the Dock Spiders pitching core that is low on numbers. In the last six innings of work the Bombers were able to produce thirteen runs.
Battle Creek would set highs in runs and hits in the 20-8 victory over Fond du Lac where the Bombers slashed out 23 hits. Fond du Lac was forced to use three portion players on the mound due to pitch counts and low numbers on pitchers.
Fond du La will head to Michigan for a 4 game road trip. It will start tomorrow vs. Kalamazoo first pitch at 6:05 CST.
Jack Wassel (Minnesota) 2 for 3, 2 runs, and 1 RBI
Kiambu Fentress (Vanderbilt) 2 for 4, 2 runs and 1 RBI
Duncan Hewitt 2 for 4, HR, 2 runs, and 1 RBI
Alex Erro (Northwestern) 2 for 4 with 3 RBI
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 29, 2018
- Loggers split with MoonDogs after 7-5 loss - La Crosse Loggers
- Bullfrogs Fall to Kingfish in Series Finale - Green Bay Booyah
- Rafters Lose in Extras to Chinooks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rivets lose tough one to Kalamazoo 21-9 - Rockford Rivets
- Blake Walden Stymies Honkers in 11-0 Shutout Win - Waterloo Bucks
- Chinooks' Buis Delivers in 11th Hour for Walk-Off WIn - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Stingers Complete Sweep of Eau Claire - Willmar Stingers
- Border Cats Snap Huskies Four Game Winning Streak - Duluth Huskies
- Five-Run Inning Downs Mallards 7-3 - Madison Mallards
- Stephens, Ross Lead Rox to Win - St. Cloud Rox
- Bombers Blast Past Dock Spiders - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Woodchucks Rise over First Place Mallards - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Walden Leads Bucks Past Honkers - Rochester Honkers
- Rafters Look to Earn Series Split with Chinooks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Have Chance to Clinch - Madison Mallards
- Bucks Win 8-7 Thriller over Honkers - Waterloo Bucks
- Frogs Knock-Off Kingfish in Comeback Effort - Green Bay Booyah
- Stingers Defeat Express 8-2 - Willmar Stingers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fond du Lac Dock Spiders Stories
- Wisconsin Timber Rattlers and Fond du Lac Dock Spiders Under New Ownership
- Dock Spiders Announce 2021 Schedule
- Dock Spiders Announce Ticket Plans and Cyber Sales for 2020 Christmas Season
- Dock Spiders 2021 Summer Internships Available
- Charbonneau Steps Down as Manager & Thielmann Returns to Team