Blake Walden Stymies Honkers in 11-0 Shutout Win
The Waterloo Bucks' (9-22) Blake Walden fired a complete-game shutout to ensure the series sweep in an 11-0 win over the Rochester Honkers (14-18).
Walden struck out three and allowed just 4 hits and a walk on 103 pitches.
Kevin Welsh went 3-5 with a 2-run home run, 2 runs scored and a walk to help fuel the offense. Dawnoven Smith (1-3, 2 R) also homered and drove in two. Angelo Altavilla (2-6) doubled and scored twice, while Patrick Ferguson (2-5) and Myles Emmerson (2-5) also compiled multi-hit games.
The Bucks open a 4-game road series on Saturday night in Thunder Bay at 6:35 p.m. CST.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 29, 2018
- Loggers split with MoonDogs after 7-5 loss - La Crosse Loggers
- Bullfrogs Fall to Kingfish in Series Finale - Green Bay Booyah
- Rafters Lose in Extras to Chinooks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rivets lose tough one to Kalamazoo 21-9 - Rockford Rivets
- Blake Walden Stymies Honkers in 11-0 Shutout Win - Waterloo Bucks
- Chinooks' Buis Delivers in 11th Hour for Walk-Off WIn - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Stingers Complete Sweep of Eau Claire - Willmar Stingers
- Border Cats Snap Huskies Four Game Winning Streak - Duluth Huskies
- Five-Run Inning Downs Mallards 7-3 - Madison Mallards
- Stephens, Ross Lead Rox to Win - St. Cloud Rox
- Bombers Blast Past Dock Spiders - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Woodchucks Rise over First Place Mallards - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Walden Leads Bucks Past Honkers - Rochester Honkers
- Rafters Look to Earn Series Split with Chinooks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Have Chance to Clinch - Madison Mallards
- Bucks Win 8-7 Thriller over Honkers - Waterloo Bucks
- Frogs Knock-Off Kingfish in Comeback Effort - Green Bay Booyah
- Stingers Defeat Express 8-2 - Willmar Stingers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.