Stars Goaltender Landon Bow Shuts out Admirals in 1-0 Win
MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin - The Texas Stars, American Hockey League affiliate of the NHL's Dallas Stars, relied on a solid third period and overall game from goaltender Landon Bow to earn a 1-0 win over the Milwaukee Admirals at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena. The netminder ended his game with 28-saves and his second career shutout.
The Stars opened the game quickly, scoring the eventual game winning goal a minute into the first period. The AHL's leading goal scorer was led on a breakaway by Dillon Heatherington before Joel L'Esperance sped into the zone and tallied his 25th goal of the season. The winger is just the second rookie in the AHL to reach 40 points (25-15=40) this season and recorded his fourth game winning goal this season.
Texas controlled the pace of play in the first period and carried the advantage into the middle frame while also killing off the only power play of the first half. Texas was 2-for-2 on the penalty kill in the game but never had a chance on the man advantage.
In the second period several shots hit the post for Texas and Milwaukee but nothing found the back of the net, forcing the Admirals to push in the third frame. Milwaukee sent 17 shots on goal in the final period but were challenged by a staunch defensive effort from Texas. Bow made several highlight reel saves including a chance with less than 20 seconds left from Eeli Tolvanen next to the right post. Bow's shutout held up as the first of the Stars season. Admirals goaltender Troy Grosenick also powered a 27 save performance but suffered the loss.
3 Stars presented by Dahill Office Technology Corporation
Landon Bow (TEX)
Troy Grosenick (MIL)
Joel L'Esperance (TEX)
The Texas Stars are the primary development affiliate of the NHL's Dallas Stars, and began a four-game road trip through Milwaukee, Manitoba, and Rockford from Feb. 6-12. Full-season, 24-game and 12-game ticket packages for the 2018-19 campaign are on sale now. For more information, call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit TexasStars.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 6, 2019
- Free Pizza, Dog Days Promo Set for Wednesday Showdown with Pens - Rockford IceHogs
- Amerks Earn Point in 2-1 Shootout Loss to Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Get Shutout by Stars - Milwaukee Admirals
- Grand Rapids Gets by Moose, 2-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Stars Goaltender Landon Bow Shuts out Admirals in 1-0 Win - Texas Stars
- Four Bears Score to Drop T-Birds, 4-2 - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Come Back to Top Amerks, 2-1, in Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- T-Birds Unable to Keep Bears at Bay - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Tough Third Trips up Checkers - Charlotte Checkers
- Roadrunners 'Painted Fan of the Game' Starts February 23 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Iacopelli Assigned to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- Berube's 40 Saves Helps Power Monsters Past Checkers, 5-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Coyotes Recall Bunting from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Week 18 Report: Hot Hogs Storm out of All-Star Break - Rockford IceHogs
- John Muse Reassigned to Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Colorado Avalanche Recall Greer, Lindholm - Colorado Eagles
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Joel Eriksson Ek - Iowa Wild
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 18 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Kyle Connor Named Ephesus/AHL Graduate of the Month - AHL
- Coyotes Assign Hill and Mermis to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- Jets and Moose Celebrate Indigenous Culture with WASAC Night and Follow Your Dreams Day - Manitoba Moose
- Sens Acquire Beaudin from Colorado - Belleville Senators
- Colorado Avalanche Complete AHL Trade - Colorado Eagles
- Game Preview: Bears at Thunderbirds, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Ottawa Recalls Goloubef, Rodewald - Belleville Senators
- T-Birds Look to Cool off Bears Wednesday Night - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Barracuda Point Streak Halted at Seven in Loss to Wild - San Jose Barracuda
- Iowa Gets Back in the Win Column with 4-2 Victory against San Jose - Iowa Wild
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.