Colorado Avalanche Complete AHL Trade
DENVER - The Colorado Avalanche Hockey Club announced today that the team has acquired forward Max McCormick from the Ottawa Senators in exchange for forward J.C. Beaudin.
McCormick, 26, has split the 2018-19 campaign between the Senators and the club's American Hockey League affiliate, the Belleville Senators. He has 12 points (7g, 5a) in 19 games with Belleville and one point (1g, 0a) in 14 outings with Ottawa. The 5-foot-11, 188-pound left wing has 10 points, (6g, 4a) in 71 career NHL appearances, all with the Senators. Ottawa's sixth-round selection (171st overall) in the 2011 NHL Draft, McCormick has totaled 125 points (61g, 64a) in 253 career AHL games with the Senators organization.
McCormick played three seasons of college hockey at Ohio State University from 2011-14, accumulating 88 points (36g, 52a) in 104 career contests. The De Pere, Wisc., native earned CCHA All-Rookie Team honors during the 2011-12 campaign, ranking second among the league's first-year players with 22 points (10g, 12a) despite missing six games due to injury.
Prior to college, McCormick played one season for the United States Hockey League's Sioux City Musketeers, where he notched 42 points (21g, 21a) in 55 games, ranking fourth on the team in points and second in goals.
McCormick will report to the Colorado Eagles.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 6, 2019
- Free Pizza, Dog Days Promo Set for Wednesday Showdown with Pens - Rockford IceHogs
- Amerks Earn Point in 2-1 Shootout Loss to Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Get Shutout by Stars - Milwaukee Admirals
- Grand Rapids Gets by Moose, 2-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Stars Goaltender Landon Bow Shuts out Admirals in 1-0 Win - Texas Stars
- Four Bears Score to Drop T-Birds, 4-2 - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Come Back to Top Amerks, 2-1, in Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- T-Birds Unable to Keep Bears at Bay - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Tough Third Trips up Checkers - Charlotte Checkers
- Roadrunners 'Painted Fan of the Game' Starts February 23 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Iacopelli Assigned to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- Berube's 40 Saves Helps Power Monsters Past Checkers, 5-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Coyotes Recall Bunting from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Week 18 Report: Hot Hogs Storm out of All-Star Break - Rockford IceHogs
- John Muse Reassigned to Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Colorado Avalanche Recall Greer, Lindholm - Colorado Eagles
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Joel Eriksson Ek - Iowa Wild
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 18 - Bridgeport Islanders
- Kyle Connor Named Ephesus/AHL Graduate of the Month - AHL
- Coyotes Assign Hill and Mermis to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- Jets and Moose Celebrate Indigenous Culture with WASAC Night and Follow Your Dreams Day - Manitoba Moose
- Sens Acquire Beaudin from Colorado - Belleville Senators
- Colorado Avalanche Complete AHL Trade - Colorado Eagles
- Game Preview: Bears at Thunderbirds, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Ottawa Recalls Goloubef, Rodewald - Belleville Senators
- T-Birds Look to Cool off Bears Wednesday Night - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Barracuda Point Streak Halted at Seven in Loss to Wild - San Jose Barracuda
- Iowa Gets Back in the Win Column with 4-2 Victory against San Jose - Iowa Wild
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- Forward Callahan Burke Returns to Eagles
- Colorado Inks Forward Benjamin Tardif to Two-Year Deal
- American Hockey League Athletic Trainers Selected as Winners of Yanick Dupre Memorial Award
- Eagles to Play Home Opener October 22nd at 100% Capacity
- AHL Board of Governors Approves Plan for Schedule Unification