Iacopelli Assigned to Indy
ROCKFORD, ILL - The American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs today announced they have assigned forward Matheson Iacopelli to their ECHL affiliate, the Indy Fuel.
Iacopelli, 24, was recalled on Jan. 17 and skated in two games with Rockford while tallying a pair of shots. He has logged two goals and two assists in 27 total AHL games with the IceHogs this season, including opening the campaign with points in back-to-back games on Oct. 13 and 14 (1g, 1a). The forward most recently skated with Rockford in the team's loss on Jan. 21 at Iowa.
The Woodhaven, Michigan native returns to Indy where he has fired 12 shots on goal in three ECHL contests this year. Overall, Iacopelli has produced 10 points (9g, 1a) in 13 career ECHL games over the last two seasons.
Iacopelli was originally selected by the Chicago Blackhawks in the third round (83rd overall) of the 2014 NHL Draft.
Next Home Game | Wed. Feb. 6, 7 p.m. vs. Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins
The Rockford IceHogs take on the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins on a Fas Fuel Winning Weekday. If the IceHogs win, all fans in attendance can redeem their game ticket for a free ticket of equal or lesser value to the next weekday home game. Wednesday is also a $2 Dog Day, where fans can pay an additional $2 to bring their dog to the arena for the game. Additionally, the first 2,000 fans through the doors will receive a free slice of pizza, courtesy of Papa John's.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 6, 2019
- Free Pizza, Dog Days Promo Set for Wednesday Showdown with Pens - Rockford IceHogs
- Amerks Earn Point in 2-1 Shootout Loss to Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Get Shutout by Stars - Milwaukee Admirals
- Grand Rapids Gets by Moose, 2-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Stars Goaltender Landon Bow Shuts out Admirals in 1-0 Win - Texas Stars
- Four Bears Score to Drop T-Birds, 4-2 - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Come Back to Top Amerks, 2-1, in Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- T-Birds Unable to Keep Bears at Bay - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Tough Third Trips up Checkers - Charlotte Checkers
- Roadrunners 'Painted Fan of the Game' Starts February 23 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Iacopelli Assigned to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- Berube's 40 Saves Helps Power Monsters Past Checkers, 5-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Coyotes Recall Bunting from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Week 18 Report: Hot Hogs Storm out of All-Star Break - Rockford IceHogs
- John Muse Reassigned to Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Colorado Avalanche Recall Greer, Lindholm - Colorado Eagles
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Joel Eriksson Ek - Iowa Wild
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 18 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Kyle Connor Named Ephesus/AHL Graduate of the Month - AHL
- Coyotes Assign Hill and Mermis to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- Jets and Moose Celebrate Indigenous Culture with WASAC Night and Follow Your Dreams Day - Manitoba Moose
- Sens Acquire Beaudin from Colorado - Belleville Senators
- Colorado Avalanche Complete AHL Trade - Colorado Eagles
- Game Preview: Bears at Thunderbirds, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Ottawa Recalls Goloubef, Rodewald - Belleville Senators
- T-Birds Look to Cool off Bears Wednesday Night - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Barracuda Point Streak Halted at Seven in Loss to Wild - San Jose Barracuda
- Iowa Gets Back in the Win Column with 4-2 Victory against San Jose - Iowa Wild
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Stateline Teachers: Win $100 with the IceHogs and BMO Harris Bank =F0=9F=8D=8E
- Rockford IceHogs & BMO Harris Bank Launch #BacktoSchoolwithBMO to Support Stateline Teachers
- IceHogs Add Scoring Touch in Forward Christopher Wilkie
- IceHogs Re-Sign Forward Mathew Thompson for 2020-21 Season
- Don'T Miss Your Chance to Spend a Day with the Illinois Lottery Cup