Stampede Lose Shootout to Bighorns
BOISE, Idaho (December 25, 2014) - The Idaho Stampede lost a high-scoring affair against the Reno Bighorns 142-113 on the Stampede's first ever game on Christmas Day. Reno (6-6) shot 53 percent from the field and 54 percent from beyond the arc compared to Idaho's (3-11) 52 percent overall.
The Bighorns outscored the Stampede 40-20 in the second quarter, shooting 7-12 from beyond the arc. Idaho would never recover despite strong quarters in the second half. 44 of Reno's 88 (50%) shot attempts came from 3-point land.
Jerrelle Benimon led all scorers with a season-high 36 points while adding nine rebounds and four assists. Despite shooting 52 percent as a team, Idaho was unable to keep up with Reno's 3-point shooting. Ta'Quan Zimmerman posted a season-high 14 points off the bench. Kevin Murphy added 13 points, six rebounds and five assists.
Reno had eight players in double-figures, led by top prospect Quincy Miller (26 points). The league's leading scorer, Brady Heslip, was held to 18 points compared to his season average (28 ppg). Forward David Wear pitched in with 18 points and eight rebounds.
Idaho travels to California this weekend to play Santa Cruz on Saturday. Reno's next game is in Texas on Saturday against the Legends.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 26, 2014
- Balanced Attack Leads to OKC Blue Win - Oklahoma City Blue
- Iowa Energy Fall in Another Close Game to Maine - Iowa Wolves
- Red Claws Win Franchise Record 8th Straight Game - Maine Red Claws
- Jam Beat Charge 107-83 - Bakersfield Jam
- Charge Dropped at Home by Jam - Canton Charge
- Marble Assigned to Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Orlando's Devyn Marble Assigned to the NBA D-League's Erie BayHawks - G League
- Jorge Gutierrez Returns to Charge - Canton Charge
- Blue Acquires Reggie Williams and Future Draft Pick - Oklahoma City Blue
- Iowa Energy Acquire Chris Allen - Iowa Wolves
- Mad Ants to Host Student Nights - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Bighorns Outshoot Stampede by 29 Points - Reno Bighorns
- Record Breaking Night from Drew II Leads Sioux Falls over Rio Grande Valley - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stampede Lose Shootout to Bighorns - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.