Bighorns Outshoot Stampede by 29 Points
RENO, NEV., DEC. 25, 2014- After taking off with the lead in the first quarter and never letting it go, the Bighorns outshot the Idaho Stampede by 29 points, with a final score of 142-113.
The Bighorns came out of the gates strong, shooting 50% from behind the arc, and 48% from the field. Bighorns forward Jordan Hamilton contributed eight points and three rounds while David Wear added seven points in the first.
The Bighorns ended the first half of the game shooting 54.5% from the three-point line, and went into the locker room at the half leading by 30, with a score of 74-44. The Bighorns led the Stampede by more than 40 points at one point during the second half.
Tajuan Porter led the Bighorns in the third quarter with 10 points. Wear added three rebounds, while Ra'Shad James contributed four assists in the quarter.
In the final period of the game, Wear totaled six points, and two rebounds, while Quincy Miller contributed 10 points, shooting 2-2 from the tree-point line.
Miller led the Bighorns tallying 26 points, five rebounds, and going 5-7 from the three-point line. Durrell Summers followed Miller, adding 19 points, and three rebounds. All but two Bighorns ended with double-digits in points.
"Tonight was a total team effort," said Bighorns head coach Dave Arseneault. "It was great to see everybody buying into the style of play and getting after it defensively."
Bighorns shot 54.5% from behind the arc, compared to the Stampede's 24.0%.
Stampede forward Jerrelle Benimon lead the Stampede with 36 points, nine rebounds, and four assists. Stampede's Ta'Quan Zimmerman went 50% at the three-point line.
The Bighorns continue on the road this week to take on the Texas Legends on Saturday, December 27. The Bighorns will once again play Idaho, when they return home Tuesday, December 30 at 7 p.m.
To purchase single game tickets as low as $8, discounted group tickets, or season tickets starting at just $4 per game, fans should be directed to RenoBighorns.com or call 775-853-8220. For more information on the Bighorns visit renobighorns.com, "like' the Bighorns on Facebook (/Bighornshoops), or follow on Twitter (@renobighorns).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 26, 2014
- Balanced Attack Leads to OKC Blue Win - Oklahoma City Blue
- Iowa Energy Fall in Another Close Game to Maine - Iowa Wolves
- Red Claws Win Franchise Record 8th Straight Game - Maine Red Claws
- Jam Beat Charge 107-83 - Bakersfield Jam
- Charge Dropped at Home by Jam - Canton Charge
- Marble Assigned to Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Orlando's Devyn Marble Assigned to the NBA D-League's Erie BayHawks - G League
- Jorge Gutierrez Returns to Charge - Canton Charge
- Blue Acquires Reggie Williams and Future Draft Pick - Oklahoma City Blue
- Iowa Energy Acquire Chris Allen - Iowa Wolves
- Mad Ants to Host Student Nights - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Bighorns Outshoot Stampede by 29 Points - Reno Bighorns
- Record Breaking Night from Drew II Leads Sioux Falls over Rio Grande Valley - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stampede Lose Shootout to Bighorns - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Bighorns Stories
- Bighorns Drop Western Conference Semifinals to Lakers
- Coach Martin to Donate One Thousand Tickets to Local Non-Profits for Tuesday's Playoff Game
- Reno Bighorns to Play in Western Conference Semifinals on April 3
- Statement from the Reno Bighorns and Sacramento Kings Regarding the Passing of Zeke Upshaw
- Bighorns Earn Pacific Division Title with Win over Warriors