Balanced Attack Leads to OKC Blue Win
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma City Blue defeated the Los Angeles D-Fenders, 131-116, behind three players recording double-doubles on Friday.
Talib Zanna shot 12-of-17 from the field en route to a career-best 28 points and 14 rebounds. Josh Huestis collected 16 points, 10 rebounds and three blocks while Marquis Teague tallied 18 points, a career-high 10 assists and four boards.
Seven Blue players scored in double figures as Oklahoma City shot 50.5 percent on the night. Semaj Christon scored 20 points and Maurice Sutton posted 14 points and eight boards. Off the bench, Richard Solomon recorded 12 points and eight rebounds and Reggie Williams scored 10 points.
"In the second half I thought our guys played the right way," said Blue Head Coach Mark Daigneault. "The ball moved, they made the right plays and they were a connected group."
After trailing 61-60 at halftime, Oklahoma City opened the third quarter with a 24-7 run and held Los Angeles to 0-of-7 shooting in the first four minutes of the half. The Blue shot 69.2 percent in the third quarter while holding the D-Fenders to 34.8 percent as Oklahoma City outscored Los Angeles 44-24 in the frame. The Blue led by as many as 24 in the fourth quarter as OKC secured the win.
Daigneault credited the Blue's strong start to the second half to the hard-fought play on defense.
"We got stops and rebounds and that allowed us to get out in the break," Daigneault said. "A lot of our scoring came on the break because we were making stops."
Oklahoma City (6-8) outrebounded Los Angeles 53-37 while dishing out 27 assists. The Blue scored 26 points in transition and 76 points in the paint.
The D-Fenders (5-11) were led by Manny Harris with 26 points.
The Blue hits the road for a five-game road trip beginning with a matchup against the Fort Wayne Mad Ants on Tuesday, Dec. 30 at 6 p.m. For more information, visit OklahomaCityBlue.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 26, 2014
- Balanced Attack Leads to OKC Blue Win - Oklahoma City Blue
- Iowa Energy Fall in Another Close Game to Maine - Iowa Wolves
- Red Claws Win Franchise Record 8th Straight Game - Maine Red Claws
- Jam Beat Charge 107-83 - Bakersfield Jam
- Charge Dropped at Home by Jam - Canton Charge
- Marble Assigned to Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Orlando's Devyn Marble Assigned to the NBA D-League's Erie BayHawks - G League
- Jorge Gutierrez Returns to Charge - Canton Charge
- Blue Acquires Reggie Williams and Future Draft Pick - Oklahoma City Blue
- Iowa Energy Acquire Chris Allen - Iowa Wolves
- Mad Ants to Host Student Nights - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Bighorns Outshoot Stampede by 29 Points - Reno Bighorns
- Record Breaking Night from Drew II Leads Sioux Falls over Rio Grande Valley - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stampede Lose Shootout to Bighorns - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.