Jam Beat Charge 107-83
BAKERSFIELD, CALIF., December 26, 2014 - The Bakersfield Jam (10-6) began their five-game road trip with a 107-83 victory over the Canton Charge (9-7) Friday night. Six Jam players scored in double-figures, led by Phoenix Suns assignee Archie Goodwin who scored a game-high 29 points on 12-of-18 shooting.
Bakersfield finished the first quarter trailing 21-19, but erupted in the second period as they outscored Canton 33-20 and went into the half with a 52-41 lead. The Jam never looked back after grabbing the lead early in the second quarter. Canton drew to within two points (60-58) in the third, but Bakersfield responded back and were able to stretch their lead back to double-digits (15). In the fourth, the Jam led by as many as 26 points.
Overall, the Jam shot better from the floor (55.0%-42.3%), had more points in the paint (66-46) and fast break points (18-6), while Canton had more rebounds (39-37) and second chance points (21-12).
Mac Koshwal posted 14 points and eight rebounds, while Suns assignee Tyler Ennis and Chris Wright each scored 13 points. Casey Prather contributed 12 points and five rebounds off the bench. Elijah Millsap chipped in 11 points.
The Charge were paced by Arinze Onuaku (19 points, 12 rebounds) and Stephen Holt (16 points). Brandon Paul and Michael Dunigan each tallied 13 points.
Next up, Bakersfield takes on the Erie Bayhawks tomorrow Saturday, December 27 at 4:00 p.m. PT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 26, 2014
- Balanced Attack Leads to OKC Blue Win - Oklahoma City Blue
- Iowa Energy Fall in Another Close Game to Maine - Iowa Wolves
- Red Claws Win Franchise Record 8th Straight Game - Maine Red Claws
- Jam Beat Charge 107-83 - Bakersfield Jam
- Charge Dropped at Home by Jam - Canton Charge
- Marble Assigned to Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Orlando's Devyn Marble Assigned to the NBA D-League's Erie BayHawks - G League
- Jorge Gutierrez Returns to Charge - Canton Charge
- Blue Acquires Reggie Williams and Future Draft Pick - Oklahoma City Blue
- Iowa Energy Acquire Chris Allen - Iowa Wolves
- Mad Ants to Host Student Nights - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Bighorns Outshoot Stampede by 29 Points - Reno Bighorns
- Record Breaking Night from Drew II Leads Sioux Falls over Rio Grande Valley - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stampede Lose Shootout to Bighorns - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.