Jorge Gutierrez Returns to Charge
The Canton Charge, presented by SecureData 365 and powered by the Cleveland Cavaliers, have acquired guard Jorge Gutierrez (6'3", 195, California) as a retuning player, the team announced today. He will be inactive for tonight's game against Bakersfield.
Gutierrez was called up by the Brooklyn Nets on March 6 of last season, completing the regular season campaign in Brooklyn and was a member of their postseason roster. He played in 15 games with the Nets (two starts) this season, averaging 4.1 points on .463 shooting with 1.5 rebounds, 2.0 assists and 0.7 steals in 16.3 minutes per game. He was traded to the Philadelphia 76ers and then waived on December 12.
Gutierrez played two seasons for the Charge after originally being selected by Canton in the second round (26th overall) in the 2012 NBA Development League Draft. During the 2013-14 season before his call-up, he played in 35 games (all starts) and averaged 13.9 points on .461 shooting with 5.7 rebounds, 6.9 assists and 1.2 steals in 32.8 minutes per game. Gutierrez was named First Team All-Defense and Second Team All-NBA Development League following the 2013-14 season.
The Charge are home tonight at 7:00 p.m. for a matchup with the Bakersfield Jam (Phoenix Suns affiliate). It's Canton-Con, so let your inner nerd shine with a costume contest, Artist Alley featuring local comic artists, and exclusive collectable prizes! Also, there are Dollar Dogs presented by Sugardale and postgame free-throws, all starting at just $7! To view the 2014-15 Canton Charge home schedule complete with promotions and special deals, head to www.CantonCharge.com/promotions.
Charge Holiday Packs are now available, which include tickets to three Charge games, a Boston Mills-Brandywine Ski Resort snow tubing pass, and an exclusive Cavs scarf starting at just $49! Group discounts are available for parties of 20 or more, with Fan Experience Packages such as being a part of the high five tunnel or playing on the Charge court! For 2014-15 Charge Nation Memberships, game day promotions and up-to-date information, head to www.CantonCharge.com or call 866-444-1944.
The Canton Charge, presented by SecureData 365, are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization and also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Majority Owner and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Gladiators of the Arena Football League and the Lake Erie Monsters of the American Hockey League, both of which play their games at Quicken Loans Arena in downtown Cleveland.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 26, 2014
- Balanced Attack Leads to OKC Blue Win - Oklahoma City Blue
- Iowa Energy Fall in Another Close Game to Maine - Iowa Wolves
- Red Claws Win Franchise Record 8th Straight Game - Maine Red Claws
- Jam Beat Charge 107-83 - Bakersfield Jam
- Charge Dropped at Home by Jam - Canton Charge
- Marble Assigned to Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Orlando's Devyn Marble Assigned to the NBA D-League's Erie BayHawks - G League
- Jorge Gutierrez Returns to Charge - Canton Charge
- Blue Acquires Reggie Williams and Future Draft Pick - Oklahoma City Blue
- Iowa Energy Acquire Chris Allen - Iowa Wolves
- Mad Ants to Host Student Nights - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Bighorns Outshoot Stampede by 29 Points - Reno Bighorns
- Record Breaking Night from Drew II Leads Sioux Falls over Rio Grande Valley - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stampede Lose Shootout to Bighorns - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.