Iowa Energy Fall in Another Close Game to Maine
Des Moines, Iowa - The Iowa Energy (5-8) fell to the Maine Red Claws (12-2) 112-108 Friday night at Wells Fargo Arena.
The Red Claws were led by Tim Frazier with 21 points, 5 rebounds and 10 assists. Andre Stringer added 16 points, 5 rebounds and 3 assists. The Energy were led by Damien Wilkins with a game-high 27 points, 10 rebounds and 4 assists. Kalin Lucas added 23 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists.
The Red Claws jumped out to an early first quarter lead behind 8 points from Chris Babb. The Energy were down 10 during the quarter and were able to close the lead down to 6 points, trailing 27-21 at the end of the first quarter.
The Energy were able to close the gap to only a point heading into halftime, trailing 53-52. Iowa outscored Maine 31-26 during the second quarter. Kalin Lucas had 9 second-quarter points and Damien Wilkins added 8. Jarrid Famous recorded 14 first half rebounds.
It remained a close game during the third quarter with 11 lead changes and three ties. The Energy were able to hold onto the lead at the end of the third quarter and led 80-79 at the end. It was another close quarter in the fourth, with three lead changes and three ties. In the closing minutes of the fourth, the Energy tried to take the lead and had several chances to tie the game. In the end, Maine held on to win 112-108.
The Energy play at home again Saturday night against the Fort Wayne Mad Ants at 7pm.
Iowa Energy 2014-2015 single game tickets are now on sale starting at just $8. Group tickets, Flex Packs and payment plans are available now. For more information, visit IowaNBA.com or contact the Energy at (515)-564-8550. For more information on the Energy, 'like' the Iowa Energy on Facebook or follow on Twitter (@iowaenergy).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 26, 2014
- Balanced Attack Leads to OKC Blue Win - Oklahoma City Blue
- Iowa Energy Fall in Another Close Game to Maine - Iowa Wolves
- Red Claws Win Franchise Record 8th Straight Game - Maine Red Claws
- Jam Beat Charge 107-83 - Bakersfield Jam
- Charge Dropped at Home by Jam - Canton Charge
- Marble Assigned to Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Orlando's Devyn Marble Assigned to the NBA D-League's Erie BayHawks - G League
- Jorge Gutierrez Returns to Charge - Canton Charge
- Blue Acquires Reggie Williams and Future Draft Pick - Oklahoma City Blue
- Iowa Energy Acquire Chris Allen - Iowa Wolves
- Mad Ants to Host Student Nights - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Bighorns Outshoot Stampede by 29 Points - Reno Bighorns
- Record Breaking Night from Drew II Leads Sioux Falls over Rio Grande Valley - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stampede Lose Shootout to Bighorns - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.