Blue Acquires Reggie Williams and Future Draft Pick
OKLAHOMA CITY, Dec. 26, 2014 - The Oklahoma City Blue has acquired guard Reggie Williams through its returning player rights, the team announced today. In a related move, Oklahoma City acquired a third round pick in the 2015 NBA D-League Draft from the Westchester Knicks in exchange for forward Ron Anderson.
A five-year NBA veteran, Williams has previously played for both the Oklahoma City Thunder and its NBA D-League affiliate. Appearing in 180 career NBA games (32 starts) with Golden State, Charlotte and Oklahoma City, Williams has averaged 8.5 games, 2.6 rebounds and 1.6 assists in 19.7 minutes. In three games with the Thunder last season, Williams averaged 3.7 points in 5.7 minutes.
Williams (6-6, 205) played in 25 games (21 starts) with the Thunder's development team last year, averaging 20.2 points, 5.7 rebounds, 4.9 assists and 1.6 steals in 38.0 minutes. In 56 career NBA D-League appearances (52 starts), Williams averaged 23.6 points, 5.6 rebounds, 3.9 assists and 1.6 steals in 39.1 minutes. While a member of the Sioux Falls Skyforce, he was named to the All-NBA D-League First Team at the conclusion of the 2009-10 season.
Williams is expected to be in uniform tonight when the Blue hosts the Los Angeles D-Fenders at the COX Convention Center.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 26, 2014
- Balanced Attack Leads to OKC Blue Win - Oklahoma City Blue
- Iowa Energy Fall in Another Close Game to Maine - Iowa Wolves
- Red Claws Win Franchise Record 8th Straight Game - Maine Red Claws
- Jam Beat Charge 107-83 - Bakersfield Jam
- Charge Dropped at Home by Jam - Canton Charge
- Marble Assigned to Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Orlando's Devyn Marble Assigned to the NBA D-League's Erie BayHawks - G League
- Jorge Gutierrez Returns to Charge - Canton Charge
- Blue Acquires Reggie Williams and Future Draft Pick - Oklahoma City Blue
- Iowa Energy Acquire Chris Allen - Iowa Wolves
- Mad Ants to Host Student Nights - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Bighorns Outshoot Stampede by 29 Points - Reno Bighorns
- Record Breaking Night from Drew II Leads Sioux Falls over Rio Grande Valley - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stampede Lose Shootout to Bighorns - Idaho Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.