Stampede Acquires Nick Wiggins, Activates Jack Cooley
BOISE, Idaho (January 9, 2015) - The Stampede has acquired guard Nick Wiggins from the available player pool and has placed him on the inactive list. Idaho has also activated forward Jack Cooley, who will be available for tonight's game against the Sioux Falls Skyforce.
Wiggins (6-6, 192, Wichita State) played one season (2010-2011) at Vincennes University averaging 16.6 points per game. He went on to lead Wabash Valley JC (2011-12) to a 27-10 record and an eighth-place finish in the NJCAA Tournament while being named to the NJCAA all-tournament team after scoring 20.2 points per game. The Toronto native went on to play the next two seasons (2012-14) at Wichita State, averaging 5.1 points and 2.3 rebounds over 36 games during his senior season. After joining the Sacramento Kings during the 2014 NBA Summer League, he signed with Tigers Tubingen (Germany) and appeared in 11 games before leaving the team in December 2014.
Cooley (6-9, 245, Notre Dame) rejoins that Stampede after sustaining a thumb injury in Idaho's first game of the 2014-15 season. The Evanston, IL native recorded eight points, three rebounds and one assist in just 18 minutes before an early exit in the season opener.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 9, 2015
- BayHawks Fall to Charge in Overtime - Erie BayHawks
- Knicks Lose Thriller, Fall to Mad Ants 96-94 - Westchester Knicks
- Iowa Energy Fall to the Oklahoma City Blue - Iowa Wolves
- Sevens Edge Drive in Seesaw Battle - Grand Rapids Drive
- Canton Prevails in Overtime - Canton Charge
- Warriors Stop Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Warriors Rout Red Claws - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Mad Ants Add to Win Streak - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Legends Acquire William Buford and Myck Kabongo - Texas Legends
- Oklahoma City Blue Acquires Dane Miller - Oklahoma City Blue
- Stampede Acquires Nick Wiggins, Activates Jack Cooley - Idaho Stampede
- Santa Cruz Acquires Daniel Nwaelele - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Mavericks Re-Assign Ricky Ledo to Legends - Texas Legends
- Mavericks Reassign Ricky Ledo to the NBA D-League's Texas Legends - G League
- Russ Smith Reassigned from Pelicans - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Pelicans Assign Russ Smith to NBA D-League's Fort Wayne Mad Ants - G League
- McDonald's High School Basketball Players of the Month Named - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- BayHawks Acquire Leslie McDonald, Release Mike Schachtner - Erie BayHawks
- Grant Jerrett Assigned to Oklahoma City Blue - Oklahoma City Blue
- Grant Jerrett Assigned to NBA D-League's Oklahoma City Blue - G League
- Jam Grind out Close Win over Spurs - Bakersfield Jam
- Warriors Assign Kuzmic to Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bighorns Outlasted by Vipers 159-155 - Reno Bighorns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.