Legends Acquire William Buford and Myck Kabongo
FRISCO, TX (Jan. 9, 2015)--The Texas Legends have acquired guards William Buford and Myck Kabongo from the available player pool.
Buford (6-5, 215, Ohio State) was a four-year starter at Ohio State averaging 13.7 points, 4.6 rebounds and 2.5 assists. In his freshman season, Buford was named Big Ten Freshman of the Year and received All-Big Ten honors every season thereafter. Buford played 11 games with the Canton Charge earlier this season averaging 6.2 points and 2.5 rebounds in 15.1 minutes per game.
Kabongo (6-3, 180, Texas) played two years at the University of Texas averaging 10.8 points, 3.5 rebounds and 5.3 assists in 32 minutes. Last season with the Austin Toros Kabongo played 45 games averaging 9.2 points, 3.9 rebounds and 4.7 assists. Prior to joining the Legends, Kabongo played 16 games with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants and added 8.9 points, 4.0 rebounds and 3.2 assists.
Both players are expected to join the Legends tonight as they host the Los Angeles D-Fenders at 7pm. The game will be broadcast live on television-KTXD47-and radio-KVCE1160am.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 9, 2015
- BayHawks Fall to Charge in Overtime - Erie BayHawks
- Knicks Lose Thriller, Fall to Mad Ants 96-94 - Westchester Knicks
- Iowa Energy Fall to the Oklahoma City Blue - Iowa Wolves
- Sevens Edge Drive in Seesaw Battle - Grand Rapids Drive
- Canton Prevails in Overtime - Canton Charge
- Warriors Stop Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Warriors Rout Red Claws - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Mad Ants Add to Win Streak - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Legends Acquire William Buford and Myck Kabongo - Texas Legends
- Oklahoma City Blue Acquires Dane Miller - Oklahoma City Blue
- Stampede Acquires Nick Wiggins, Activates Jack Cooley - Idaho Stampede
- Santa Cruz Acquires Daniel Nwaelele - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Mavericks Re-Assign Ricky Ledo to Legends - Texas Legends
- Mavericks Reassign Ricky Ledo to the NBA D-League's Texas Legends - G League
- Russ Smith Reassigned from Pelicans - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Pelicans Assign Russ Smith to NBA D-League's Fort Wayne Mad Ants - G League
- McDonald's High School Basketball Players of the Month Named - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- BayHawks Acquire Leslie McDonald, Release Mike Schachtner - Erie BayHawks
- Grant Jerrett Assigned to Oklahoma City Blue - Oklahoma City Blue
- Grant Jerrett Assigned to NBA D-League's Oklahoma City Blue - G League
- Jam Grind out Close Win over Spurs - Bakersfield Jam
- Warriors Assign Kuzmic to Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bighorns Outlasted by Vipers 159-155 - Reno Bighorns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Legends Stories
- Texas Legends Receive 2018-19 NBA G League Awards for Franchise of the Year and Executive of the Year
- Legends Announce Launch of "Pursuing Excellence" Series
- Legends' Second Half Comeback Falls Short
- Legends Bounce Back in Home Finale
- Legends Strike from Outside, Cut Short by Clippers