South Bay Falls to Stockton in Home Finale
EL SEGUNDO - The South Bay Lakers dropped their final home game of the season as they fell to the Stockton Kings, 118-108, on Thursday night. Jemerrio Jones led South Bay (21-28) with a career-high 21 points, 15 rebounds, seven assists and three steals off the bench. Troy Williams scored a game-high 30 points for the Kings (30-19) in the win.
Travis Wear got off to his usual hot start, scoring 13 points in the opening frame, but the Lakers trailed by five, 32-27, after one. Stockton broke away in the second quarter, behind nine points from Williams, to take a 66-50 halftime lead.
Stockton took a 91-82 lead into the final frame, despite 11 points in the third quarter from Jeffrey Carroll. Jones added seven points in the period to aid South Bay's comeback attempt. Jones scored 10 more in the fourth, but Williams scored 11 points in the period to finish out the win for the Kings.
Williams' scoring output paced the Kings while Daniel Ochefu (25 points, 14 rebounds) and Caleb Swanigan (20 points, 10 rebounds) each tallied double-doubles. Cody Demps finished with 15 points and Taren Sullivan scored 12 points off the bench.
Jones' big night provided the Lakers with a needed spark while Wear put together an all-around night with 23 points, eight rebounds and four assists. Carroll scored 21 points and Justin Harper rounded out the double-digit scorers with 12 points and eight rebounds. Spencer Hawes did some of everything with eight points, eight rebounds and seven assists.
South Bay closes out the 2018-19 season with a visit to the desert when they face the Northern Arizona Suns on Saturday, March 23 at 7:00pm PT from the Findlay Toyota Center in Prescott Valley, AZ.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 22, 2019
- Hustle Drop Regular Season Finale at Landers Center - Memphis Hustle
- Blue Coats Drop High Scoring Contest to Nets - Delaware Blue Coats
- Lakeland Clinches First Round Bye in Comeback Win over 905 - Lakeland Magic
- Windy City Drops Second Consecutive Game, Loses 115-101 to Erie - Windy City Bulls
- Kings Sign Cody Demps to 10-Day Contract - Stockton Kings
- BayHawks Blow by Bulls - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Jump to 1st Place in Central Division with Big Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Charge Stall in Grand Rapids - Canton Charge
- Golden State Warriors Assign Guard Jacob Evans III to Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Rio Grande Valley Vipers Acquire Daniel Hamilton - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Stockton Kings Welcome NBA G League President Shareef Abdur-Rahim Saturday, March 23 - Stockton Kings
- San Antonio Recalls Lonnie Walker IV from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Shannon Scott to Miss Remainder of Season - Long Island Nets
- South Bay Falls to Stockton in Home Finale - South Bay Lakers
- Austin Spurs Fall to Sioux Falls Skyforce 116-111 - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent South Bay Lakers Stories
- South Bay Lakers Announce Preseason Game with Northern Arizona
- South Bay Acquires Returning Player Rights to Reggie Hearn and David Stockton
- South Bay Lakers Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule
- Scott Machado Named NBA G League Player of the Month
- South Bay Drops Final Game of the Season