Charge Stall in Grand Rapids
GRAND RAPIDS, MI - The Canton Charge (21-28), snapped a three-game win streak at the hands of the Grand Rapids Drive (27-22), 133-102, at the DeltaPlex Arena on Friday night.
Muhammad Ali Abdur-Rahkman had has second-straight 20+ scoring game off the bench for Canton, netting 20 on 7-of-11 from the field with two steals in 34 minutes. JaCorey Williams led Canton with a team-high 21 points on 8-of-13 shooting with two steals in 29 minutes. Jaron Blossomgame added 17 points and four rebounds in 38 minutes and Deng Adel had 12 points and two steals in 34 minutes. The Drive's 133 points on the night was a new season-high for a Charge opponent.
Grand Rapids was led by Kalin Lucas's 31 points on 8-of-9 from three-point range in 28 minutes. Todd Withers (11 points, 15 rebounds), Adam Woodbury (15 points, 14 rebounds) and Johnny Hamilton (12 points, 12 rebounds) all had double-doubles for Grand Rapids, marking the second time this season that a Canton opponent had three players with 10+ rebounds after the Austin Spurs had a trio do it on March 2nd. The Drive took three out of four matchups against the Charge this season.
The Charge will wrap up their 2018-19 campaign with a visit to the Windy City Bulls tomorrow night at 8:00 p.m. (TV: Facebook Live; RADIO: 99.7 FM). For Charge Nation Memberships, group outings, game day promotions and up-to-date information, head to CantonCharge.com or call 866-444-1944. The Canton Charge are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization and are also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Chairman and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League, who play their games at Quicken Loans Arena in downtown Cleveland.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 22, 2019
- Hustle Drop Regular Season Finale at Landers Center - Memphis Hustle
- Blue Coats Drop High Scoring Contest to Nets - Delaware Blue Coats
- Lakeland Clinches First Round Bye in Comeback Win over 905 - Lakeland Magic
- Windy City Drops Second Consecutive Game, Loses 115-101 to Erie - Windy City Bulls
- Kings Sign Cody Demps to 10-Day Contract - Stockton Kings
- BayHawks Blow by Bulls - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Jump to 1st Place in Central Division with Big Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Charge Stall in Grand Rapids - Canton Charge
- Golden State Warriors Assign Guard Jacob Evans III to Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Rio Grande Valley Vipers Acquire Daniel Hamilton - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Stockton Kings Welcome NBA G League President Shareef Abdur-Rahim Saturday, March 23 - Stockton Kings
- San Antonio Recalls Lonnie Walker IV from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Shannon Scott to Miss Remainder of Season - Long Island Nets
- South Bay Falls to Stockton in Home Finale - South Bay Lakers
- Austin Spurs Fall to Sioux Falls Skyforce 116-111 - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.