Hustle Drop Regular Season Finale at Landers Center
Southaven, Miss. - The Memphis Hustle (28-22) lost its regular season finale Friday night at Landers Center, falling 120-96 to the Oklahoma City Blue (33-16). Memphis remains the fifth seed in the Western Conference while Oklahoma City pushed itself into a tie for first place in the conference and also the best record in the league. Memphis improved on last season's record by seven wins.
Oklahoma City started the game on a tear, making eight of its first 10 shots and building a 39-30 lead at the end of the first quarter. The Blue extended the lead to 15 at halftime (67-52) after Memphis struggled offensively in the second quarter and would lead by as many as 27 in the second half.
The Blue were much more steadfast with the ball, which proved to be the difference in the game. The visitors assisted on 27 of its 44 field goals while Memphis assisted on just 12 of its 37 makes. The Hustle more than doubled up in the turnover department (21-10) and Oklahoma City also held a significant advantage in points off turnovers (27-7).
Dusty Hannahs led the Hustle scoring effort with 20 points off the bench to go with four rebounds and four assists. Markel Crawford posted 19 points of his own and grabbed four boards. Kyle Casey (9 points, 10 rebounds) fell one rebound shy of a double-double. Jay-R Strowbridge (13 points) reached double figures in his first start of the season for the Hustle.
Nine of the 10 players who saw action for Oklahoma City reached double figures. Scotty Hopson knocked down five of his first six shot attempts en route to a team-high 18 points. Two-way player Donte Grantham wasn't far behind with 17 points (7-12 FG) off the bench. Dez Wells had 15 points, eight rebounds, six assists and three steals in a reserve role.
The Hustle will face the fourth-seeded Stockton Kings in the first round of the NBA G League Playoffs. Details regarding the team's first-round game will be announced at a later date.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 22, 2019
- Hustle Drop Regular Season Finale at Landers Center - Memphis Hustle
- Blue Coats Drop High Scoring Contest to Nets - Delaware Blue Coats
- Lakeland Clinches First Round Bye in Comeback Win over 905 - Lakeland Magic
- Windy City Drops Second Consecutive Game, Loses 115-101 to Erie - Windy City Bulls
- Kings Sign Cody Demps to 10-Day Contract - Stockton Kings
- BayHawks Blow by Bulls - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Jump to 1st Place in Central Division with Big Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Charge Stall in Grand Rapids - Canton Charge
- Golden State Warriors Assign Guard Jacob Evans III to Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Rio Grande Valley Vipers Acquire Daniel Hamilton - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Stockton Kings Welcome NBA G League President Shareef Abdur-Rahim Saturday, March 23 - Stockton Kings
- San Antonio Recalls Lonnie Walker IV from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Shannon Scott to Miss Remainder of Season - Long Island Nets
- South Bay Falls to Stockton in Home Finale - South Bay Lakers
- Austin Spurs Fall to Sioux Falls Skyforce 116-111 - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Memphis Hustle Stories
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Dusty Hannahs
- Memphis Hustle Announce Time Changes for Games on November 15, December 30 and December 31
- Yuta Watanabe to Make Special Appearance at Memphis Japan Festival on Sunday, September 29
- Memphis Grizzlies Medical Update
- Memphis Hustle to Hold Open Tryout Session at Desoto Central High School Saturday, September 28