Skyforce Acquires Kavell Bigby-Williams
SIOUX FALLS, SD - The Sioux Falls Skyforce announced today the team has acquired Kavell Bigby-Williams from the Erie BayHawks in exchange for Sioux Falls' own second-round draft pick in the 2020 NBA G League draft and the returning player rights to Raphiael Putney. Today's trade is pending completion of a physical.
Bigby-Williams, a 6-11, 250-pound center out of Louisiana State University (LSU) went undrafted in the 2019 NBA Draft before signing a contract with the New Orleans Pelicans and being allocated to the Erie BayHawks as an affiliate player. In 25 games (16 starts) with the BayHawks this season, Bigby-Williams has averaged 8.5 points, 9.2 rebounds and 2.1 blocks in just over 23 minutes per game.
Bigby-Williams began his collegiate career at Gillette College where he spent two seasons before transferring to the University of Oregon for the 2016-17 season. In his one season with the Ducks, Bigby-Williams appeared in 37 games (one start), averaging 3.0 points and 2.8 rebounds in just under 10 minutes per contest. Oregon was ousted by eventual National Champions, the University of North Carolina, 77-76 in the NCAA Final Four that season. He then transferred to LSU, where he rounded out his collegiate career by averaging 7.9 points, 6.7 rebounds and 1.9 blocks per game as a senior during the 2018-19 season.
Bigby-Williams will wear No. 50 for the Skyforce and is expected to be available for Monday night's road game against the Salt Lake City Stars at 8:00 PM CT. Monday's game will be streamed live on the NBA G League website.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 1, 2020
- Austin Spurs Defeat Division Rival Texas Legends - Austin Spurs
- Vipers Fall to South Bay at Home - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Unlucky Last Second Sequence Concedes Knicks' Comeback - Westchester Knicks
- Scales Tip in South Bay's Favor for Road Victory - South Bay Lakers
- Mad Ants Record Largest Comeback Victory in NBA G League History against Canton - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge Let Streak Slip Away in Fort Wayne - Canton Charge
- Wolves Win in Dominating Fashion over Clippers at Home - Iowa Wolves
- Rowsey Sets Franchise Record with 43 Points in Magic Win over Go-Go - Lakeland Magic
- Edwards Scores 41, Waters Beats Buzzer in Red Claws Win - Maine Red Claws
- Jones' Historic Triple-Double Not Enough as Herd Drops Second Consecutive Game - Wisconsin Herd
- Vipers Add Jarell Martin in Three-Team Trade - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Jalen Lecque Recalled by Phoenix Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Skyforce Acquires Kavell Bigby-Williams - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Blue Drops Stars - Oklahoma City Blue
- BayHawks Complete Trade with Sioux Falls Skyforce - Erie BayHawks
- Warriors Fall to Skyforce, 114-104 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stockton Kings Defeat Memphis Hustle 137-126 - Stockton Kings
- Stars' Four-Game Winning Streak Snapped by Blue - Salt Lake City Stars
- Sunset in Texas - Texas Legends
- Hustle's Three-Game Winning Streak Snapped by Kings - Memphis Hustle
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux Falls Skyforce Stories
- Miami Heat Two-Way Player Gabe Vincent Named NBA G League Most Improved Player
- Skyforce Releases Statements Regarding G League Cancellation
- Skyforce Statement on NBA G League Suspension
- Jack Guides Force to Fourth-Straight Home Victory
- Skyforce Stays Hot at Home, Cruises to 125-102 Victory over Warriors