Six-Run Inning Propels Aces to Win
Reno, Nev.-A six run second inning propelled the Reno Aces to a 9-3 victory over the Salt Lake Bees on Tuesday night at Aces Ballpark.
Josh Wilson's two-run home run sparked the onslaught with one out in the inning. After Alfredo Marte struck out for the second out, Reno pushed across four more runs off Bees starter A.J. Schugel.
Schugel retired the side in order in the third before the Aces touched him up for three more runs in the fourth.
Tuffy Gosewisch went 3-for-4 at the plate for Reno, including two doubles, with two runs scored. Eight of Gosewisch's last eleven hits have been doubles, in a span stretching back to June 22.
Brad Snyder went 3-for-5 in the game, and Matt Davidson, Mike Jacobs and Wilson recorded two hits apiece.
Aces starter Nate Adcock was solid through 5.1 innings, giving up three earned runs on four hits before exiting with an injury. He earned his second win of the season for Reno for his effort. LHP Joe Paterson was stellar in relief of Adcock, giving up just two hits through 2.2 innings, while striking out two.
Newcomer Kevin Munson finished the game for Reno, allowing just one hit in his second Triple-A appearance.
The series wraps up Wednesday night at Aces Ballpark, as Reno looks to earn their third series win of the season. RHP Mike Bolsinger (3-2, 3.77 ERA) will get the nod for Reno, while the Bees will counter with RHP Matt Shoemaker (6-10, 4.80 ERA). First pitch is set for 6:35 p.m., with gates opening at 5:05 p.m. The final round of the High School Home Run Derby will take place beginning at 5:25 p.m., and fans will be treated to a grand fireworks show following the game.
Tickets are on sale for tomorrow's game, and all Aces home games, at RenoAces.com, by calling (775) 334-7000 or by visiting the Aces Ballpark Ticket Office.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 3, 2013
- Express Drops Series Finale to Sounds 10-1 - Round Rock Express
- Brock Peterson Hits Game-Winner in Redbirds' 6-5 Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Zephyrs Drop Two of Three in Omaha - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Prospects Lead Sounds' 10-1 Rout of Round Rock in Series Finale - Nashville Sounds
- Avoid traffic and Find Free Parking for Tucson Padres Star Spangled Spectacular - Tucson Padres
- Independence Day Fireworks Extravaganza Kicks Off Grizzlies' 7-Game Homestand - Fresno Grizzlies
- Standing room Only Tickets Available For Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rangers Agreed to Terms With Manny Ramirez on Minor League Contract - Round Rock Express
- 45th Anniversary Season Celebration Planned For July 12th - Omaha Storm Chasers
- RedHawks vs. Isotopes - Game Notes - July 3, 2013 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Storm Chasers Plan 45th Anniversary Season Celebration For July 12th - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Zephyrs' Hatcher Named to PCL All-Star Team - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Redbirds To Wear Commemorative Camouflage Jerseys And Military Hats On Saturday - Memphis Redbirds
- Independence Day Weekend Fireworks, T-Shirt Giveaway Highlight Padres' Homestand - Tucson Padres
- Rainiers Ground Sky Sox, 10-4 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Padres Blanked by Sacramento 2-0 - Tucson Padres
- Bullpen Steps up in River Cats Win - Sacramento River Cats
- Six-Run Inning Propels Aces to Win - Reno Aces
- Late Inning Miscues Cost Chasers in 6-3 Loss - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.