Independence Day Weekend Fireworks, T-Shirt Giveaway Highlight Padres' Homestand
The first-place Tucson Padres return home for a seven-game homestand against the Las Vegas 51s (Mets affiliate) and the Tacoma Rainiers (Mariners affiliate). The 51s are in second place, only a half-game behind the Padres entering Wednesday's game. Here is a game-by-game look at the Kino Stadium events.
THURSDAY, JULY 4 - 7:05 pm GIANT STAR SPANGLED FIREWORKS SPECTACULAR presented by Western Refining, GIANT, NOVA Home Loans, Cumulus Broadcasting, KOLD News 13 Now and Desert Diamond Casino - The biggest fireworks show of the season follows the Padres game against Las Vegas Thursday. The band The GRIND will perform before and after the game on July 4th. Kids can run the bases following the fireworks show on July 4th, 5th and 6th.
Fans are encouraged to arrive early when the gates open at 5:30 to avoid traffic congestion entering the ballpark.
FRIDAY, JULY 5 - 7:05 pm GIANT STAR SPANGLED SPECTACULAR presented by Western Refining GIANT, NOVA Home Loans, Cumulus Broadcasting and KOLD NEWS 13 NOW - This is the fifth of seven fireworks shows in 2013. Bring the family as the skies light up above Kino Stadium. Stop by your favorite GIANT Convenience store all season long to pick up a coupon good for $2 off General Admission or Box Seat tickets to any of the post-game firework shows this season. The first 3,000 fans will receive miniature American flag compliments of the U.S. Army. Tabasco will be providing a special section giveaway as well as an exit sampling of their amazing product.
A U.S. Army Swearing In Ceremony for some young men and women entering the service will take place on the field prior to the July 5th game. A U.S. Army Jazz Band will perform in the Grove (Gate A) prior to the game.
SATURDAY, JULY 6 - 7:05 pm TUCSON PADRES PATRIOTIC T-SHIRT GIVEAWAY, presented by Chase, KGUN-9 TV and 104.1FM The Truth - The first 2,000 adults, 17 and older, with paid admission will receive a FREE Tucson Padres Patriotic T-shirt; gates open at 6:00 pm.
SUNDAY, JULY 7 - 7:05 pm CHASE MILITARY APPRECIATION NIGHT / BARK IN THE PARK presented by Chase, PointGuardU.com, and KIIM FM- All military personnel (active, retired, and veterans) and a guest will be admitted for FREE with military ID compliments of Chase and the Jim Click Automotive Group. The military ID will be presented at the Padres Box Office. Dogs will also be admitted free with their owners with the first 100 dogs receiving a free Frisbee, courtesy of PointGuardU.com. Fans may sit on the berms or in their seats with their four-legged friends. The Bark in the Park will apply at all Padres Sunday home games.
MONDAY, JULY 8 - 7:05 pm FAMILY FOUR-PACK NIGHT - A group or family of four can get four box seats, four hot dogs and four soft drinks FOR ONLY $20 - a $70 value! Any tickets purchased after four will be sold at a $5.00 price.
TUESDAY, JULY 9 - 7:05 pm EEGEE'S FREE TICKET NIGHT - Stop by your favorite eegee's restaurant in the Tucson area and get your FREE tickets to this game.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 10 - 7:05 pm WIENER WEDNESDAY presented by WIENERSCHNITZEL & KVOI - Fans can enjoy one dollar hot dogs all night long! It's also Social Media Night. Go to the Tucson Padres Facebook page to see this week's great offer!
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 3, 2013
- Express Drops Series Finale to Sounds 10-1 - Round Rock Express
- Brock Peterson Hits Game-Winner in Redbirds' 6-5 Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Zephyrs Drop Two of Three in Omaha - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Prospects Lead Sounds' 10-1 Rout of Round Rock in Series Finale - Nashville Sounds
- Avoid traffic and Find Free Parking for Tucson Padres Star Spangled Spectacular - Tucson Padres
- Independence Day Fireworks Extravaganza Kicks Off Grizzlies' 7-Game Homestand - Fresno Grizzlies
- Standing room Only Tickets Available For Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rangers Agreed to Terms With Manny Ramirez on Minor League Contract - Round Rock Express
- 45th Anniversary Season Celebration Planned For July 12th - Omaha Storm Chasers
- RedHawks vs. Isotopes - Game Notes - July 3, 2013 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Storm Chasers Plan 45th Anniversary Season Celebration For July 12th - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Zephyrs' Hatcher Named to PCL All-Star Team - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Redbirds To Wear Commemorative Camouflage Jerseys And Military Hats On Saturday - Memphis Redbirds
- Independence Day Weekend Fireworks, T-Shirt Giveaway Highlight Padres' Homestand - Tucson Padres
- Rainiers Ground Sky Sox, 10-4 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Padres Blanked by Sacramento 2-0 - Tucson Padres
- Bullpen Steps up in River Cats Win - Sacramento River Cats
- Six-Run Inning Propels Aces to Win - Reno Aces
- Late Inning Miscues Cost Chasers in 6-3 Loss - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Padres Stories
- Triple-A Showdown at Kino Stadium from April 11 - 14
- Triple-A Baseball Returns to Tucson for Four More Days
- Feder To Receive Prestigious Presidential Citation At Baseball Winter Meetings Today
- Food Drive at Kino Stadium for Victims of Recent Mexico Weather Disasters
- Vamos a Tucson Mexican Baseball Fiesta Is Thursday Through Sunday