Triple-A Showdown at Kino Stadium from April 11 - 14
TUCSON, AZ - April 6, 2014 - As a result of the El Paso stadium construction not being complete, a four game series will be played in Tucson at Kino Stadium between the El Paso Chihuahuas (San Diego Padres), formerly the Tucson Padres, and the Reno Aces (Arizona Diamondbacks). The games will be April 11 - 14. Long time Triple-A General Manager Mike Feder and former Tucson Padres staff will oversee operations at Kino Stadium. Barring any unforeseen circumstances in El Paso stadium construction, these will be the only four Triple-A games in Tucson in 2014.
A tremendous amount of Triple-A talent from Reno will include the D-backs top pitching prospect Archie Bradley (projected to start on Friday night), SS Didi Gregorius, rehab OF Cody Ross, and P Bo Schultz; Padres (El Paso) prospects include OF Reymond Fuentes, starting pitchers Keyvius Sampson and Burch Smith, closer Kevin Quackenbush, and OFs Kyle Blanks and Jeff Francouer. Fifteen El Paso players have been a member of the Tucson Padres.
A strong promotional schedule has been scheduled:
- Friday April 11th, 7:05 PM- Frosty Friday: $2 Beers and Soft Drinks
- Saturday April 12th, 7:05 PM - MLB Giveaways: over 3,000 Diamondbacks and Padres items including D-backs Lucha Libre masks, Miguel Montero growth charts, 2014 Diamondbacks Schedule Magnets, and Jedd Gyorko/Tony Gwynn/Chase Headley insulated Padres cooler bags!
- Sunday April 13th, 1:05 PM - Youth Sports Day/Military Appreciation Day/Bark in the Park: all youth sport participants will be admitted for FREE in their uniform top; all active duty, reserve, and military retirees receive two free box seat tickets with valid military ID; AND all dogs with leashes will be admitted for free to enjoy the game on the OF berm.
- Monday April 14th, 6:35 PM - eegee's Night: visit your favorite local eegee's location for free general admission tickets to that night's game
Tickets start at $7 for general admission and $10 for box seats. Kids (6-16), Senior Citizens, and Military (with ID) are only $5 for general admission. Suites are available for the four games. Group discounts are also available for groups of 20 or more. You can purchase tickets at the Kino Stadium Box office Monday through Friday from 10-5, call 434-1367, or visit the Tucson Padres website at www.TucsonPadres.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 7, 2014
- Sounds Drop Series Opener in Iowa, 4-1 - Nashville Sounds
- Tomko Pitches Gem for Omaha on 41st Birthday - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Sky Sox, Express Postponed Monday Evening - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Monday's Sky Sox - Express Game Postponed - Round Rock Express
- April 7 Game Information at Salt Lake - Fresno Grizzlies
- Series Preview: Bees vs. Grizzlies - Salt Lake Bees
- Tonight's Salt Lake Bees Game Delayed to 7:45 Start - Salt Lake Bees
- Isotopes Home Opener this Friday - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Fresno Grizzlies Partner with Nationwide Ag Leader Farm Credit - Fresno Grizzlies
- RedHawks Game Notes: April 7, 2014 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- LHP Hynes Join Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Triple-A Showdown at Kino Stadium from April 11 - 14 - Tucson Padres
- Bees Split Opening Series - Salt Lake Bees
- Two-Out Runs Propel Cats to Win, Series Split against Bees - Sacramento River Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Padres Stories
- Triple-A Showdown at Kino Stadium from April 11 - 14
- Triple-A Baseball Returns to Tucson for Four More Days
- Feder To Receive Prestigious Presidential Citation At Baseball Winter Meetings Today
- Food Drive at Kino Stadium for Victims of Recent Mexico Weather Disasters
- Vamos a Tucson Mexican Baseball Fiesta Is Thursday Through Sunday