Vamos a Tucson Mexican Baseball Fiesta Is Thursday Through Sunday
The third annual Vamos a Tucson Mexican Baseball Fiesta is Thursday, October 3rd through Sunday, October 6th at Kino Stadium. Here is the schedule:
Thursday, October 3 - 7:00 pm: Obregon vs. Kansas City Royals Future Stars
Friday, October 4 - 5:30 pm: Hermosillo vs. Kansas City Royals Future Stars
Game 2: Culiacan vs. Obregon
Saturday, October 5 - 5:30 pm: Los Angeles Dodgers Future Stars vs. Culiacan
Game 2: Hermosillo vs. Obregon
Sunday, October 6 - 2:00 pm: Los Angeles Dodgers Future Stars vs. Obregon
Game 2: Culiacan vs. Hermosillo
Tickets: Fans can purchase tickets in person on weekdays at Kino Stadium from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, beginning at noon Saturday and beginning at 10:00 am Sunday. Tickets are also available on the phone at (520) 434-1367.
Individual tickets to the Vamos a Tucson Mexican Baseball Fiesta range from $6.00 - $15.00 and group seats start at $6.00 each. Four-day passes are available, starting at $24.00 each.
Promotions: Thursday is a Budweiser Thirsty Thursday, just like during the Tucson Padres regular season. The beverage special starts at 6:00 pm and drink prices start at $1.00 each. On Sunday, all kids ages 12 and under are admitted free. On Friday, the first 1,000 fans receive a pair of inflatable thundersticks, courtesy of Curacao.
Musical Performance: There will be live musicians performing Friday, Saturday and Sunday at Kino Stadium. On Friday, fans will enjoy La Picosa and La Membrillera. The Saturday lineup includes Diluvio and La Membrillera. Sunday's performers are Kabalgantes and La Gran Ciudad. The bands' live shows will continue before, during and after games and will illustrate to Tucson fans the flavor of the Mexican Pacific League.
Other musical acts performing throughout the weekend are Tecno Banda and Tamborazo.
Mascots: The Vamos a Tucson Mexican Baseball Fiesta will feature two of the most popular mascots of the Mexican Pacific League. Beto Coyote of Hermosillo and Chaco of Obregon will perform at the ballpark each day, including some routines on the field during the game.
Dodgers and Royals Future Stars: The Los Angeles Dodgers and Kansas City Royals are each sending a group of instructional league players to compete in the Vamos a Tucson Mexican Baseball Fiesta. Dodgers 2013 first-round draft choice Chris Anderson is included on the Dodgers instructional league roster. Anderson was the 18th overall pick last year and posted a 1.96 ERA in 12 games last year for Single-A Great Lakes.
The Royals instructional league squad includes outfielder Bubba Starling, the fifth overall pick in 2011. Starling was rated the 35th best overall prospect by Baseball America before the 2013 season.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from October 1, 2013
- Chasers Promote Andrea Stava to Assistant GM, Hire Sean Olson from MECA - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Vamos a Tucson Mexican Baseball Fiesta Is Thursday Through Sunday - Tucson Padres
- Jenna Byrnes Nominated for 2013 Rawlings Woman Executive of the Year - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Royals Manager Ned Yost Agrees to Two-Year Extension - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Padres Stories
- Triple-A Showdown at Kino Stadium from April 11 - 14
- Triple-A Baseball Returns to Tucson for Four More Days
- Feder To Receive Prestigious Presidential Citation At Baseball Winter Meetings Today
- Food Drive at Kino Stadium for Victims of Recent Mexico Weather Disasters
- Vamos a Tucson Mexican Baseball Fiesta Is Thursday Through Sunday