45th Anniversary Season Celebration Planned For July 12th
OMAHA, Neb. - In the last 45 years the only constant in Triple-A Baseball has been between Omaha and Kansas City, as Royals top prospects have appeared at Rosenblatt Stadium and now Werner Park in the longest running Triple-A affiliation in Minor League Baseball. To celebrate this tremendous achievement, the Omaha Storm Chasers have a celebration planned for the 45th scheduled game of the 2013 season on July 12th, which will feature blasts from the past as well as special deals for fans in attendance.
"Forty-five years is an unmatched mark in the world of Triple-A baseball, and we are extremely proud of our history and joint accomplishments with the Kansas City Royals," said Martie Cordaro, President and General Manager of the Omaha Storm Chasers.
Headlining the celebration will be appearances by former Omaha and Kansas City Royals Buddy Biancalana and Kevin Seitzer, who will sign autographs during the game as a part of the meet and greet with fans. Buddy Biancalana, born Roland Biancalana, was a member of Omaha Royals teams from 1982-84 as well as 1987-88, while Seitzer played in Omaha during the 1986 season. Biancalana was a part of the 1985 World Series Champion Royals and Seitzer was an All-Star for Kansas City during the 1987 season.
Messages of congratulations for this milestone achievement will be played on the video board from past and present players, Kansas City Royals Front Office members as well as former management of the Omaha Royals. The Werner Park concourse will be filled with memorabilia and photos of the past 45 seasons for fans to reminisce or to gain a sense of the history of Royals-affiliated professional baseball in Omaha.
Finally, a "45" theme will be prevalent throughout Werner Park ranging from tickets, concessions and the Storm Front Team Store. Ticket specials will include a $4.50 ticket to the AT&T Home Run Porch, concessions items will include a $4.50 Oma-Dog and many items at the Team Store will be priced at either $4.50 or $45 and much more from all three aspects of the fan experience.
Tickets to the July 12th celebration of the 45th Anniversary Season can be purchased at the Werner Park ticket office, by phone at (402) 738-5100 or online at www.omahastormchasers.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 3, 2013
- Express Drops Series Finale to Sounds 10-1 - Round Rock Express
- Brock Peterson Hits Game-Winner in Redbirds' 6-5 Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Zephyrs Drop Two of Three in Omaha - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Prospects Lead Sounds' 10-1 Rout of Round Rock in Series Finale - Nashville Sounds
- Avoid traffic and Find Free Parking for Tucson Padres Star Spangled Spectacular - Tucson Padres
- Independence Day Fireworks Extravaganza Kicks Off Grizzlies' 7-Game Homestand - Fresno Grizzlies
- Standing room Only Tickets Available For Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rangers Agreed to Terms With Manny Ramirez on Minor League Contract - Round Rock Express
- 45th Anniversary Season Celebration Planned For July 12th - Omaha Storm Chasers
- RedHawks vs. Isotopes - Game Notes - July 3, 2013 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Storm Chasers Plan 45th Anniversary Season Celebration For July 12th - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Zephyrs' Hatcher Named to PCL All-Star Team - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Redbirds To Wear Commemorative Camouflage Jerseys And Military Hats On Saturday - Memphis Redbirds
- Independence Day Weekend Fireworks, T-Shirt Giveaway Highlight Padres' Homestand - Tucson Padres
- Rainiers Ground Sky Sox, 10-4 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Padres Blanked by Sacramento 2-0 - Tucson Padres
- Bullpen Steps up in River Cats Win - Sacramento River Cats
- Six-Run Inning Propels Aces to Win - Reno Aces
- Late Inning Miscues Cost Chasers in 6-3 Loss - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.