Six Dock Spiders Players Selected in 2021 MLB Draft
FOND DU LAC, WI - The 2021 MLB Draft took place Sunday, July 11th through Tuesday, July 13th and six Fond du Lac Dock Spiders players were selected. Five members of the 2020 team including John Rhodes, Ryan Bergert, Theo Denlinger, Caleb Durbin, and Drew Irvine were selected by an MLB club while Conor Dryer, a member of the 2018 and 2019 teams, was selected as well.
John Rhodes, an outfielder from Kentucky, was selected in the 3rd round by the Baltimore Orioles with pick 76. Rhodes batted .378 with 20 RBI during his 2020 campaign.
Ryan Bergert, a right-handed pitcher from West Virginia was selected in the 6th round by the San Diego Padres with pick 190. Bergert started six games for the Dock Spiders in 2020 striking out 31 batters and posting a 2.33 ERA.
Theo Denlinger, a right-handed pitcher from Bradley University was selected in the 7h round by the Chicago White Sox with pick 215. Denlinger appeared in 15 games for the Dock Spiders in 2020 recording 4 saves and posting a 3.46 ERA.
Caleb Durbin, an infielder from Washington University - St. Louis, was selected in the 14th round by the Atlanta Braves with pick 427. Durbin played for the Dock Spiders in both 2020 and 2021. This season Durbin was batting .302 with 10 RBI in 20 games played.
Conor Dryer, a right-handed pitcher from Central Missouri, was selected in the 17th round by the Tampa Bay Rays with pick 521. Dryer pitched for the Dock Spiders in both 2018 and 2019. In 2019, Dryer struck out 30 batters in 12 games posting a 4.43 ERA.
Drew Irvine, a right-handed pitcher from Iowa, was selected in the 19th round by the Pittsburgh Pirates with pick 553. Irvine was 4-0 in seven starts for the Dock Spiders in 2020 posting a 1.96 ERA.
Single Game Tickets for all games in 2021 are on sale now and may be purchased from the Dock Spiders ticket office. Fans may order over the phone by calling (920) 907-9833 or any time in the ticket section of dockspiders.com.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 16, 2021
- Stingers Split Series with Honkers - Willmar Stingers
- Gator Headed to the Bay Area - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Mallards Drop Third Straight Game, Get Swept in Green Bay - Madison Mallards
- Woodchucks Cruise Past Spiders - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Pit Spitters Traverse Bombers with Ease in Four-Game Sweep - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Bombers Swept as Traverse City Offense in Full Swing - Battle Creek Bombers
- Kingfish Fall in Game Three to Jackrabbits - Kenosha Kingfish
- Kingfish Shut out Jackrabbits - Kenosha Kingfish
- Booyah Look for Breathing Room - Green Bay Booyah
- Six Dock Spiders Players Selected in 2021 MLB Draft - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- The Stars Are Aligning for Legends Weekend - Kenosha Kingfish
- Loggers Walk-Off against Bucks to Win 3rd Straight - La Crosse Loggers
- Honkers Lose Extra Inning Opener with Willmar - Rochester Honkers
- MoonDogs Drop First Game of Road Trip to the Express in Eau Claire - Mankato MoonDogs
- 8th Inning Rally Surges Huskies - Duluth Huskies
- Growlers Belt 4-Homers, Sweep Rivets in Doubleheader - Rockford Rivets
- Chinooks Victorious in Close Win over Rafters - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Growlers Nail Down Rivets in Doubleheader Behind Power Arms and Power Bats - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Stingers Come from Behind to Beat Honkers in Extra-Inning Nail-Biter - Willmar Stingers
- Rafters Lose One-Run Nail Biter, to Start Four Game Road Trip - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fond du Lac Dock Spiders Stories
- Chris Ward Stepping Down as Fond du Lac Dock Spiders GM
- Former Fond du Lac Dock Spider Nick Fortes Debuts with the Marlins
- 2021 Dock Spiders Season Recap
- Fond du Lac Defeated by Madison in Opening Game of Playoffs
- Dock Spiders Fall to Mallards, Begin Playoffs Sunday