Seven different Raptors 905 players score in double digits in win
Seven different Raptors 905 players scored in double digits, led by 20 points from guard Delon Wright, as the Mississauga club snapped a nine-game losing streak with a 107-94 win over the Westchester Knicks in front of 5,314 fans at Hershey Centre in Mississauga Saturday evening.
The two teams finished the first quarter deadlocked at 29 before Wright erupted for 15 points in the second and Shannon Scott hit a buzzer-beating three-point shot to put Raptors 905 ahead 61-48 at halftime. Travis Trice II led Westchester with 11 points at the break.
Raptors 905 kept the momentum going to start the second half, outscoring the Knicks 28-19 in the third quarter, and Scott sank another last-second three to carry an 89-67 advantage into the final period. The Mississauga club stretched its lead to 29 points early in the fourth quarter before Westchester attempted a late comeback, getting the gap back down to 13 by the end.
Scoring in double digits for Raptors 905 were Wright (20), Anthony Bennett (19), Bruno Caboclo (17), Ronald Roberts Jr. (15), Scott Suggs (15), Shannon Scott (11) and Axel Toupane (10). Roberts Jr. and Caboclo each completed double-doubles with 12 and 10 rebounds, respectively. Westchester was led offensively by Trice II (20), Jimmer Fredette (17) and Darion Atkins (12).
Raptors 905 led Westchester in three-point percentage (34.5-11.5), free throw percentage (90.6-64.7) and fast-break points (22-20), while the Knicks held the advantage in field goal percentage (44.0-42.5), points in the paint (48-36) and second-chance points (12-11)
Raptors 905 is back in action Monday, January 18 when the club visits the Iowa Energy at 8 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 16, 2016
- Magette's Triple-Double Lifts D-Fenders Past Spurs - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Charge Cut Red Claws' Power - Maine Red Claws
- Charge Nab Sixth Straight Win - Canton Charge
- BayHawks Can't Overcome Slow First Half, Fall to 87ers - Erie BayHawks
- Seven different Raptors 905 players score in double digits in win - Raptors 905
- Westchester's Late Attack Falls Short in Loss to Raptors 905 - Westchester Knicks
- Bucks Assign Damien Inglis to Westchester Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Bakersfield Jam Complete Two Trades with Delaware 87ers - Bakersfield Jam
- Jazz Sign JJ O'Brien to 10-Day Contract - Idaho Stampede
- Heat Recall Stokes from Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Iowa Energy Acquire Michael Frazier from Los Angeles - Iowa Wolves
- Bulls Recall Felício from Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- Celtics Assign R.J. Hunter to the Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Teague's Buzzer-Beater Lifts OKC Blue past Bakersfield - Oklahoma City Blue
- Bakersfield's Fourth Quarter Rally Falls Short - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.