Jazz Sign JJ O'Brien to 10-Day Contract
SALT LAKE CITY - The Utah Jazz announced today that the team has signed forward JJ O'Brien from the Idaho Stampede to a 10-day contract. The Stampede are the Jazz's exclusively owned and operated NBA D-League team, and O'Brien becomes the NBA's eighth overall NBA D-League Call-Up of the 2015-16 season and the second Stampede player to be called up. Per team policy, financial terms were not released. Following the move, Utah's roster now stands at 15 players.
O'Brien (6-7, 220, San Diego State) has appeared in 24 games (23 starts) for the Stampede this season, averaging 9.9 points, 5.1 rebounds, 1.8 assists and 1.6 steals in 33.4 minutes of action. He has scored 10-plus points on 10 occasions, including two games of 20-or-more points. O'Brien has also recorded seven-or-more rebounds in seven contests. The 23-year-old forward attended training camp with the Jazz and appeared in one preseason game after also competing for the Jazz entries in both the Utah Jazz Summer League and NBA Summer League in Las Vegas. He was waived by the Jazz on Oct. 13.
He played one season at University of Utah (2010-11) before transferring to San Diego State (2011-15) to finish his collegiate career. A native of San Diego, O'Brien played high school basketball at Alta Loma High School in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.
O'Brien will wear No. 22 for the Jazz. He will be available for tonight's game vs. the Los Angeles Lakers.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 16, 2016
- Magette's Triple-Double Lifts D-Fenders Past Spurs - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Charge Cut Red Claws' Power - Maine Red Claws
- Charge Nab Sixth Straight Win - Canton Charge
- BayHawks Can't Overcome Slow First Half, Fall to 87ers - Erie BayHawks
- Seven different Raptors 905 players score in double digits in win - Raptors 905
- Westchester's Late Attack Falls Short in Loss to Raptors 905 - Westchester Knicks
- Bucks Assign Damien Inglis to Westchester Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Bakersfield Jam Complete Two Trades with Delaware 87ers - Bakersfield Jam
- Jazz Sign JJ O'Brien to 10-Day Contract - Idaho Stampede
- Heat Recall Stokes from Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Iowa Energy Acquire Michael Frazier from Los Angeles - Iowa Wolves
- Bulls Recall Felício from Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- Celtics Assign R.J. Hunter to the Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Teague's Buzzer-Beater Lifts OKC Blue past Bakersfield - Oklahoma City Blue
- Bakersfield's Fourth Quarter Rally Falls Short - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.