Charge Nab Sixth Straight Win
The Canton Charge (11-11), presented by SecureData 365 and powered by the Cleveland Cavaliers, swept a weekend series at the Maine Red Claws (12-10), 96-83, at the Portland Expo Building on Saturday night. The win extends Canton's season-long win streak to six games.
Quinn Cook scored a season-high 32 points on 12-of-22 shooting with five rebounds and three steals in 41 minutes. Nick Minnerath tallied his fourth double-double of the season with 14 points and 11 boards in 34 minutes. Michael Dunigan added 14 points, five rebounds, and two blocks in 24 minutes off the bench. John Holland netted 12 points and grabbed five rebounds in 36 minutes.
Terry Rozier led Maine on assignment from Boston, scoring a team-high 17 points with seven assists in 30 minutes. Malcolm Miller added 16 points and six rebounds with six blocks in 35 minutes. Omari Johnson netted 11 points and six rebounds with three blocks for the Red Claws.
After Canton led the entire game last night, tonight's contest saw 18 lead changes and 19 ties for a back-and-forth battle throughout. The Charge made their move in the fourth quarter by outscoring Maine 22-9 for the lowest total allowed by an opponent in a single quarter this season. The Red Claws were held to 3-of-21 shooting (14%) in the fourth and 1-of-12 from three-point range (8%). Cook scored 14 of his team's 22 points in the fourth to help secure Canton's win.
Canton wraps up their road trip with a game at the Erie BayHawks (Orlando Magic affiliate) on Monday, January 18th at 2:00 p.m. live on YouTube. The Wine & Gold return home on Wednesday, January 20th at 11:00 a.m. for a matinee matchup with the Maine Red Claws (Boston Celtics affiliate). Tickets start at just $8 for School Day at the Charge game, where we will go "All In Against Bullying" and those in attendance will get a Mo Williams Fathead! For more information and to purchase tickets, head to www.CantonCharge.com.
2015-16 single game tickets and Charge Nation Memberships are on sale now starting at just $8 per game! Premium Memberships are also available, which include courtside seating and dining access in the Courtside Club presented by Budweiser starting at just $40 per game! Group discounts are available for parties of 20 or more, with Fan Experience Packages such as being a part of the high five tunnel or playing on the Charge court! For 2015-16 Charge Nation Memberships, game day promotions, and up-to-date information, head to www.CantonCharge.com or call 866-444-1944.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 16, 2016
- Magette's Triple-Double Lifts D-Fenders Past Spurs - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Charge Cut Red Claws' Power - Maine Red Claws
- Charge Nab Sixth Straight Win - Canton Charge
- BayHawks Can't Overcome Slow First Half, Fall to 87ers - Erie BayHawks
- Seven different Raptors 905 players score in double digits in win - Raptors 905
- Westchester's Late Attack Falls Short in Loss to Raptors 905 - Westchester Knicks
- Bucks Assign Damien Inglis to Westchester Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Bakersfield Jam Complete Two Trades with Delaware 87ers - Bakersfield Jam
- Jazz Sign JJ O'Brien to 10-Day Contract - Idaho Stampede
- Heat Recall Stokes from Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Iowa Energy Acquire Michael Frazier from Los Angeles - Iowa Wolves
- Bulls Recall Felício from Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- Celtics Assign R.J. Hunter to the Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Teague's Buzzer-Beater Lifts OKC Blue past Bakersfield - Oklahoma City Blue
- Bakersfield's Fourth Quarter Rally Falls Short - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.