Bakersfield's Fourth Quarter Rally Falls Short
BAKERSFIELD, CA - The Bakersfield Jam (9-16) erased a 19-point fourth quarter deficit, but came up short as Oklahoma City's Marques Teague hit a floating jump shot at the buzzer to give the Blue (7-15) a 107-105 victory Friday night at the Dignity Health Event Center. Xavier Munford led all scorers with 34 points (12/24 FGs) to go along with five rebounds, four assists and four steals.
The Jam struggled offensively in the opening frame, scoring 16 points on 30.4 percent shooting from the field. Javier Carter off the bench led the Jam in the first quarter with five points and three rebounds. Bakersfield trailed by as many as 13 points in the second quarter, but were able to cut it down to single digits at the half (50-43).
The third quarter saw Oklahoma City build a lead as big as 16 and went into the final frame ahead 81-65. In the fourth period, Munford put on a stellar performance as he helped the Jam get back in the game with his 20 points on 8-of-12 shooting, while the bench provided a nice lift scoring 18 points in the quarter.
Trailing by 19 points at the 10:49 mark, Bakersfield fought all the way back to tie it up at 105 with 08.9 seconds left in regulation. Despite a valiant effort, the Jam came up short at the end from the comeback win.
Askia Booker (15) and Xavier Silas (11) scored in double-figures off the bench, while Terrio White tallied 10 points.
Teague finished with 24 points and five assists for the Blue, while Dakari Johnson notched a double-double with 21 points and 11 rebounds. JP Tokoto, Dez Wells and Mustapha Farrakhan had 12 points apiece.
Bakersfield's next game will be on Thursday, January 21 when they travel to Texas to take on the Texas Legends at 5:00 p.m. PT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 16, 2016
- Magette's Triple-Double Lifts D-Fenders Past Spurs - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Charge Cut Red Claws' Power - Maine Red Claws
- Charge Nab Sixth Straight Win - Canton Charge
- BayHawks Can't Overcome Slow First Half, Fall to 87ers - Erie BayHawks
- Seven different Raptors 905 players score in double digits in win - Raptors 905
- Westchester's Late Attack Falls Short in Loss to Raptors 905 - Westchester Knicks
- Bucks Assign Damien Inglis to Westchester Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Bakersfield Jam Complete Two Trades with Delaware 87ers - Bakersfield Jam
- Jazz Sign JJ O'Brien to 10-Day Contract - Idaho Stampede
- Heat Recall Stokes from Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Iowa Energy Acquire Michael Frazier from Los Angeles - Iowa Wolves
- Bulls Recall Felício from Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- Celtics Assign R.J. Hunter to the Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Teague's Buzzer-Beater Lifts OKC Blue past Bakersfield - Oklahoma City Blue
- Bakersfield's Fourth Quarter Rally Falls Short - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.