Teague's Buzzer-Beater Lifts OKC Blue past Bakersfield
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - Oklahoma City Blue guard Marquis Teague hit a game-winning jumper at the buzzer to lift the Blue past the Bakersfield Jam, 107-105, on Friday at the Dignity Heath Event Center.
After outscoring the Blue 8-2 over the previous two minutes, the Jam tied the game at 105 with 8.9 seconds remaining. Coming out of a timeout, Teague wound the clock down at center court before driving into the paint and pulling up for the jumper to break the tie as the buzzer sounded. Teague finished with a team-high 24 points alongside five assists and three rebounds.
Dakari Johnson tallied a career-high 21 points to go with 11 boards as one of six Blue players to score in double figures. JP Tokoto produced 12 points and nine boards and Dez Wells posted 12 points with four assists. Mustapha Farrakhan and Tomislav Zubcic scored 12 and 11 points respectively off the bench.
The Jam never led in the game thanks to an early lead from the Blue, resulting in an 11 point advantage at the end of the first quarter. Bakersfield climbed back into the game late in the second half thanks to a 23-6 run in the fourth period, but the Blue held them off to secure its fifth win of its past eight games.
Oklahoma City (7-15) shot 53.9 percent from the field while holding the Jam to 43.4 percent.
Bakersfield (9-16) was led by Xavier Munford with 34 points, five rebounds, four assists and four steals.
The Blue's four-game road trip continues with back-to-back games against the Reno Bighorns on Sunday and Monday. Both games will tip off at 9 p.m. on YouTube and OklahomaCityBlue.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 16, 2016
- Magette's Triple-Double Lifts D-Fenders Past Spurs - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Charge Cut Red Claws' Power - Maine Red Claws
- Charge Nab Sixth Straight Win - Canton Charge
- BayHawks Can't Overcome Slow First Half, Fall to 87ers - Erie BayHawks
- Seven different Raptors 905 players score in double digits in win - Raptors 905
- Westchester's Late Attack Falls Short in Loss to Raptors 905 - Westchester Knicks
- Bucks Assign Damien Inglis to Westchester Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Bakersfield Jam Complete Two Trades with Delaware 87ers - Bakersfield Jam
- Jazz Sign JJ O'Brien to 10-Day Contract - Idaho Stampede
- Heat Recall Stokes from Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Iowa Energy Acquire Michael Frazier from Los Angeles - Iowa Wolves
- Bulls Recall Felício from Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- Celtics Assign R.J. Hunter to the Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Teague's Buzzer-Beater Lifts OKC Blue past Bakersfield - Oklahoma City Blue
- Bakersfield's Fourth Quarter Rally Falls Short - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.