Magette's Triple-Double Lifts D-Fenders Past Spurs
EL SEGUNDO - The D-Fenders beat the Austin Spurs 110-96 tonight in El Segundo. Josh Magette recorded a triple-double with 15 assists, 13 points and 10 rebounds.
Vander Blue (27 points, six rebounds) led the D-Fenders (11-12). Andre Ingram (21 points, 7/10 3PT) and Justin Hawkins (21 points) also reached the 20-point mark, while Ryan Gomes and Justin Harper each scored 14 points for Los Angeles.
Orlando Johnson (29 points) paced the Spurs (15-7). Lamar Patterson (15 points) and Walter Tavares (10 points) also reached double-figures while on assignment from the Atlanta Hawks.
Austin shot 75% from the field in the first quarter, outscoring the D-Fenders 38-26 behind 11 points from Johnson. Blue had 10 for the D-Fenders. Los Angeles stepped up defensively in the second quarter, holding the Spurs to 16 points, while scoring 22 in the quarter. At the half, the D-Fenders trailed 54-48.
Los Angeles heated up in the third quarter, outscoring Austin 37-18 behind 12 points from Ingram. Magette had 12 assists through three quarters, as the D-Fenders led 85-72 after three. The fourth quarter was back and forth, with the D-Fenders outscoring the Spurs 25-24 behind 11 points from Blue. Magette grabbed the last rebound of the game, cementing his triple-double in the D-Fenders 110-96 victory.
The D-Fenders shot .447 from the field, compared to .462 for Austin. Los Angeles connected on 15-of-32 three point attempts, while the Spurs finished at 7-of-24. The D-Fenders forced 23 turnovers, edging the Spurs 21-8 in second chance points.
Los Angeles hosts the Idaho Stampede at 8:00pm PT on Monday, January 18th in El Segundo.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 16, 2016
- Magette's Triple-Double Lifts D-Fenders Past Spurs - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Charge Cut Red Claws' Power - Maine Red Claws
- Charge Nab Sixth Straight Win - Canton Charge
- BayHawks Can't Overcome Slow First Half, Fall to 87ers - Erie BayHawks
- Seven different Raptors 905 players score in double digits in win - Raptors 905
- Westchester's Late Attack Falls Short in Loss to Raptors 905 - Westchester Knicks
- Bucks Assign Damien Inglis to Westchester Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Bakersfield Jam Complete Two Trades with Delaware 87ers - Bakersfield Jam
- Jazz Sign JJ O'Brien to 10-Day Contract - Idaho Stampede
- Heat Recall Stokes from Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Iowa Energy Acquire Michael Frazier from Los Angeles - Iowa Wolves
- Bulls Recall Felício from Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- Celtics Assign R.J. Hunter to the Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Teague's Buzzer-Beater Lifts OKC Blue past Bakersfield - Oklahoma City Blue
- Bakersfield's Fourth Quarter Rally Falls Short - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles D-Fenders Stories
- MVP Vander Blue Leads 2016-17 All-NBA Development League First Team
- Vander Blue Named NBA Development League MVP
- D-Fenders Comeback Falls Short in Year-Ending Loss to Vipers
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Nwaba from D-Fenders
- D-Fenders Dodge Vipers Comeback, Stay Alive in Title Hunt