Sanchez Allows No Hits through Seven as Senators Cruise to 3-0 Victory
On Sunday afternoon at FNB Field, the Senators shut out Altoona 3-0 in front of 3,488 fans. Mario Sanchez started and tossed seven no-hit innings before leaving the game. He struck out 10 and walked two. The Sens scored the only run they'd need in the fifth on an RBI single by David Masters. Tres Barrera gave them breathing room with a two-run single in the eighth.
On Capitol Hill
Mario Sanchez tossed seven no-hit innings while striking 10. The 10 strikeouts equal a career high. He walked two in the game.
Andrew Lee followed and allowed Altoona's and left with two on and two out in the eighth inning. He allowed two hits and struck out a batter.
Andrew Istler inherited a two on and two out jam in the eighth and struck out pinch-hitter Bralin Jackson. He then finished the game earning his second save with the Sens.
With the Gavel
David Masters drove in the first Sens run with a single in the fifth. He also singled in the seventh.
Ian Sagdal doubled in the sixth, his 31st double this season.
Tres Barrera singled in two runs in the eighth inning, giving the Sens breathing room in the ninth.
- With the win the Senators win the series with Altoona. They finish the season 22-18-2 in the 42 series they played.
- Monday the Senators are looking for their eighth series sweep this season.
- Bowie and Erie both play at 6:05 p.m. with Bowie either needing a win or an Erie loss to clinch the second half Western Division title.
- Moves before the game included Andrew Stevenson and Adrian Sanchez being recalled by the Nationals and Austin Voth reinstated from the IL and activated by the Nationals. Spencer Kieboom added to the Sens roster after he was previously optioned to Harrisburg.
The Senators play the final game of the regular season against the Altoona Curve at FNB Field Monday at noon. The game can be heard on CBS Sports Radio Harrisburg 96.5FM 95.3FM and 1400AM beginning at 11:53 a.m.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from September 1, 2019
- RubberDucks Play Spoiler to Erie - Akron RubberDucks
- Thunder Drop Penultimate Regular-Season Game - Trenton Thunder
- Two Homers Lift Goats over Ponies - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Clutch Eighth Inning Carries Fightins - Reading Fightin Phils
- Yard Goats Blast Two Homers in 3-2 Win - Hartford Yard Goats
- SeaWolves Fall to Ducks 5-1 on Sunday - Erie SeaWolves
- Fargas Sets Squirrels' Single-Season Steals Mark in Win over Baysox - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Flying Squirrels Announce 2019 Team Awards - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Akron RubberDucks - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- 'Dogs Drop 7-1 to New Hampshire in the Annual Field of Dreams - Portland Sea Dogs
- Sanchez, Senators Blank Curve on Sunday - Altoona Curve
- Sanchez Allows No Hits through Seven as Senators Cruise to 3-0 Victory - Harrisburg Senators
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes #139: Binghamton Rumble Ponies (31-42, 66-72) vs. Hartford Yard Goats (35-35, 72-65) - 6:35 PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup vs. Altoona - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs Game Notes September 1st vs. New Hampshire - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Harrisburg Senators Stories
- Senators Eliminated with 12-5 Loss
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information & Starting Lineup vs. Bowie - Game 4 WDCS
- Early Deficit too Much for Senators to Overcome
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup vs Bowie, Game 3, WDCS
- Senators Knot Series in 12