Rush End Oilers Five-Game Winning Streak 3-1
RAPID CITY, SD- The Oilers saw their first loss of 2021 on Saturday night, falling 3-1 to Rapid City at Rushmore Plaza Civic Center.
Danny Moynihan opened the scoring for the third-straight game, snapping a puck from the slot past David Tendeck for his team-leading seventh goal on the year. Moynihan's goal - which came 12:06 into the first frame - was the only goal of the period. Olle Eriksson Ek made nine saves on nine shots, and Tendeck got on top of 12 of 13 chances.
Rapid City wasted no time getting to work in the second period. Tyson Empey scored his third goal of the season 1:33 into the period, rocketing a shot inside the post at the perfect height. Avery Peterson scored his team-leading fourth goal of the season less than three minutes later, giving a 2-1 lead to the Rapid City Rush - their first of the weekend.
Rapid City extended their lead with another early goal. This one came 3:13 into the third period, with Jack Suter tying Peterson's team-leading goal total. Suter was able to get on a rebound, scooping the puck up into the net to close out the scoring early in the final period.
The loss was Tulsa's first of 2021 and put an end to a five-game win streak. The Oilers look to bounce back in a rubber match against Rapid City tomorrow at 5:05 p.m. CT at Rushmore Plaza Civic Center. The Oilers then return home to play Indy on Wednesday, Jan. 20 at 7:05 p.m.
ECHL TV has a new provider for the 2020-21 season. We are proud to partner with FloHockey, which provides subscribers with plenty of content. Watch live events across all screens by downloading the FloSports app on iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire and Chromecast. To become a subscriber, click here.
Oilers Season and Group Tickets are on sale now! Call the Oilers front office at 918-632-PUCK (7825) or visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 17, 2021
- Garlent, Baylis, and Defiel Power Rush to Series Win - Rapid City Rush
- Defiel Steals Game for Rush, Oilers Fall 3-2 - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears battle back to earn point in 4-3 OT loss to Florida - Orlando Solar Bears
- Greenville Extends Point Streak to Nine Behind Bednard's Brilliance - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Florida Defeats Orlando in Overtime - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - January 17 - ECHL
- IceMen Agree to Terms with Goaltender Charles Williams - Jacksonville IceMen
- Blades Look for Second Win of Weekend - Florida Everblades
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits vs. IceMen, 3:05 PM - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- January 18 IceMen Game at South Carolina Postponed - Jacksonville IceMen
- January 18 Stingrays Game Postponed - South Carolina Stingrays
- KC Defeats Utah 5-4 in OT - Utah Grizzlies
- Tendeck's First Pro Win Forces Rubber Match in Game Two - Rapid City Rush
- Rush End Oilers Five-Game Winning Streak 3-1 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.