Road Stretch Continues in California, Home Next Monday
Friday, November 28: Utah at Stockton, 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, November 29: Utah at Bakersfield, 8:00 p.m.
The Grizzlies continue a stretch of nine of 12 games on the road by playing games three and four of a four-game road swing in Stockton and Bakersfield over Thanksgiving Weekend.
Upcoming Home Games
Monday, December 1: Maverik Monday, Buy One Get One Free Tickets With Maverik Adventure Club Card at Maverik Center Box Office.
Wednesday, December 10: Teddy Bear Toss, Wild Wednesday. $2 Hot Dogs, $2 Soft Drinks, $2 Beers. Bring a stuffed animal to throw onto the ice for children in need during the holidays.
Wednesday, December 17: Wild Wednesday, Hip Hop Night with U92: $2 Soft Drinks, $2 Draft Beers and 10-percent concession discounts between 6 and 7 p.m.
Saturday, December 27: Post-Game Skate With Team and 2015 Team Calendar Giveaway. Skate Rental $2.
Monday, December 29: Maverik Monday, Buy One Get One Free Tickets With Maverik Adventure Club Card at Maverik Center Box Office.
Last Three Weeks
Utah is 4-2-0-2 in their last eight games as they head back to Stockton where this eight-game stretch started.
Ducks Rookie Goaltending prospect Ryan Faragher has stopped 73 of the last 76 shots he's seen in three-straight starts for Utah since rejoining the team from Anaheim's AHL affiliate in Norfolk. He earned his first professional shutout Monday, November 17 in a 1-0 victory over Ontario. Faragher ranks among the top goaltenders in the ECHL overall with a 4-3 record, a 2.06 goals-against-average which ranks sixth and a .923 save percentage.
Utah's power-play remains third in the ECHL at 22.1-percent and second in the ECHL on the penalty-kill at 89.7-percent.
Good Starts, Finishes
Utah is 4-0-1-2 when scoring the game's first goal this year. On the other end, two of the Grizzlies six wins have come when trailing after two periods.
Schedule Evening Out
While the Grizzlies played eight of their first 15 games against Colorado, things will start to even out. Utah will face eight teams, including all six Pacific Division opponents over the next 15 games.
Back To AHL
Alex Krushelnyski, the Grizzlies leading rookie scorer with three goals and five assists for eight points in eleven games was loaned to the AHL's Norfolk Admirals for the second time this year on Thursday.
Without Krushelnyski up, fourth leading scorer TJ Syner out and Mathieu Aubin taking only special teams shifts, the Grizzlies pulled together in the final period but were unable to tie in a 2-1 loss as their three-game winning streak came to an end Saturday in Colorado. In the game, Camden Wojtala and Johnnie Searfoss both returned to the lineup. Searfoss had missed the previous 11 games injured.
Saturday will mark the first meeting between the Grizzlies and Bakersfield since last year's first round playoff matchup. Bakersfield won the series four games to one as four of the five games were decided by a goal and games three and four went to overtime.
Where To Eat?
Shula's 347 Grill at Embassy Suites is inviting Grizzlies fans to take their ticket stubs in before or after all games to buy one burger and get one burger half off. Shula's is located inside Embassy Suites on 3500 South across from Valley Fair Mall.
Tickets for all Grizzlies home games are on sale now at www.utahgrizzlies.com, Maverik Center box office or any Ticketmaster location. Season ticket packages starting at $29 for three games, group discounts for parties of 10 or more and luxury suites for 16-88 people are available through the Grizzlies corporate offices by calling (801) 988-8000.
All Grizzlies broadcasts can be heard on 1320 KFAN with Adrian Denny in his 10th season as the "Voice of the Grizzlies. Denny will once again be joined for all Grizzlies home games by 1320 KFAN Program Director and host of "Monty in the Morning" Tim Montemayor. Grizzlies broadcasts can be seen on PPV at ECHL.TV and also heard on 1320KFAN.com and iHeart Radio by searching "1320 KFAN." The Grizzlies will announce their schedule for games on My Utah TV shortly as KUTV's Talkin' Sports Adam Mikulich will once again join the coverage.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 24, 2014
- Radio Recon's Ready for a Net-Front Battle - Reading Royals
- Reading Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Thunder Add Depth; Sign Duval - Wichita Thunder
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- The Game of the Year - Condors Teddy Bear Toss on Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- ECHL Transactions - November 24 - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Road Stretch Continues in California, Home Next Monday - Utah Grizzlies
- Missouri Acquires Jack Downing from South Carolina - Kansas City Mavericks
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Receive Forward Brandon Hynes and Defenseman Guy Leboeuf from Missouri - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Pick up Three from the AHL - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL.TV Now Available on Android Devices - ECHL
- Fuel Weekly - Indy Fuel
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Deck the Beast Halls for a Family in Need - Brampton Beast
- Solar Bears enjoying success on lenghty road trip - ECHL
- Austin Smith Loaned to Norfolk of the American Hockey League - Allen Americans
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Komets Split Weekend Home Double-Header; Fuel Visit for Thanksgiving, Solar Bears Here Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Frozen in Time-The Weekly IceMen Update - Evansville IceMen
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Stingrays Weekly: Stingrays Celebrate Thanksgiving with the Gwinnett Gladiators - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.