Stingrays Receive Forward Brandon Hynes and Defenseman Guy Leboeuf from Missouri
North Charleston, S.C. - The South Carolina Stingrays, celebrating 22 seasons of hockey in the Lowcountry, acquired forward Brandon Hynes and defenseman Guy Leboeuf from the Missouri Mavericks of the ECHL in exchange for forward Jack Downing, Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Spencer Carbery announced today.
Hynes, 22, has two goals and an assist for three points in seven contests with the Mavericks and began the season with the Greenville Road Warriors, appearing in two games. Last season, the Norris Point, Newfoundland, product added 14 points (seven goals, seven assists) in 20 games with the Road Warriors including four points (one goal, three assists) in five games against the Stingrays. The 5-foot-8, 170-pound forward is currently is his first full professional season after completing a five-year career in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) and one college season at St. Francis Xavier University.
Leboeuf, 24, is also in his first full professional campaign and picked up two penalty minutes and a +1 plus-minus rating in 11 games with the Mavericks. The Bedford, Quebec, native completed a four-year collegiate career at R.P.I. totaling 25 points (nine goals, 16 assists) in 136 games and skated in 12 matchups with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers of the American Hockey League (AHL) last season, recording an assist.
Downing has seven points (two goals, five assists) in 16 games with the Stingrays and dressed in 43 contests in the Lowcountry last season, adding 16 goals and nine assists for 25 points.
The Stingrays kickoff a four-game series against the Gwinnett Gladiators on Tuesday, November 25 at 7:05 at The Arena at Gwinnett Center in Duluth, Georgia and return to the North Charleston Coliseum on Saturday, November 29 at 3:05 p.m. against the Gladiators. Celebrate Thanksgiving with the Stingrays! The first 1,000 fans receive a giveaway from Charleston Area Regional Transportation Authority (CARTA)!
Do not miss a second of the action! 2014-15 Stingrays Ticket Plans are on sale NOW! Save money off of box office prices and receive great benefits like FREE parking, Buddy Passes, discounts off of merchandise, advanced ticket purchases to North Charleston Coliseum and Performing Arts Center events and more!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 24, 2014
- Radio Recon's Ready for a Net-Front Battle - Reading Royals
- Reading Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Thunder Add Depth; Sign Duval - Wichita Thunder
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- The Game of the Year - Condors Teddy Bear Toss on Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- ECHL Transactions - November 24 - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Road Stretch Continues in California, Home Next Monday - Utah Grizzlies
- Missouri Acquires Jack Downing from South Carolina - Kansas City Mavericks
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Receive Forward Brandon Hynes and Defenseman Guy Leboeuf from Missouri - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Pick up Three from the AHL - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL.TV Now Available on Android Devices - ECHL
- Fuel Weekly - Indy Fuel
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Deck the Beast Halls for a Family in Need - Brampton Beast
- Solar Bears enjoying success on lenghty road trip - ECHL
- Austin Smith Loaned to Norfolk of the American Hockey League - Allen Americans
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Komets Split Weekend Home Double-Header; Fuel Visit for Thanksgiving, Solar Bears Here Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Frozen in Time-The Weekly IceMen Update - Evansville IceMen
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Stingrays Weekly: Stingrays Celebrate Thanksgiving with the Gwinnett Gladiators - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.