Thunder Add Depth; Sign Duval
Wichita, KS (Nov. 24th) - The Wichita Thunder, proud member of the ECHL and powered by Toyota, added some depth to the roster today, announcing the signing of forward Ian Duval and placing him on reserve.
Duval, 26, begins his rookie season and first in Wichita. A native of Winnipeg, Manitoba, the 6-foot, 180-pound center played a five-year collegiate career at the University of Manitoba of the CIS, collecting 99 points (36, 63a) in 117 career games. His best season came in 2013-14 when he scored 25 points (10g, 15a) in 22 games and was named to the CIS West Second All-Star Team. He was also named an Assistant Captain during his senior campaign.
Prior to entering college, Duval spent six seasons in the Western Hockey League, splitting time with the Regina Pats, Calgary Hitmen, Moose Jaw Warriors and Kelowna Rockets. In 2007-08, Duval scored 50 points (22g, 28a) in 71 games with the Calgary Hitmen. He was invited to training camp with the Columbus Blue Jackets of the NHL in 2009 before enrolling in school.
Wichita begins a busy week with four games in five days on Wednesday night when the Quad City Mallards come in for the first time this season. Wednesday night is College ID and Half Price Beer Night. College students with a vaild ID can get $5 tickets for the game.
Individual tickets are on sale now. Don't delay! Tickets can be purchased at the INTRUST Arena Box office, by calling 755-SEAT or go online at www.selectaseat.com. Stay up-to-date on all the news during the season by visiting www.wichitathunder.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 24, 2014
- Radio Recon's Ready for a Net-Front Battle - Reading Royals
- Reading Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Thunder Add Depth; Sign Duval - Wichita Thunder
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- The Game of the Year - Condors Teddy Bear Toss on Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- ECHL Transactions - November 24 - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Road Stretch Continues in California, Home Next Monday - Utah Grizzlies
- Missouri Acquires Jack Downing from South Carolina - Kansas City Mavericks
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Receive Forward Brandon Hynes and Defenseman Guy Leboeuf from Missouri - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Pick up Three from the AHL - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL.TV Now Available on Android Devices - ECHL
- Fuel Weekly - Indy Fuel
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Deck the Beast Halls for a Family in Need - Brampton Beast
- Solar Bears enjoying success on lenghty road trip - ECHL
- Austin Smith Loaned to Norfolk of the American Hockey League - Allen Americans
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Komets Split Weekend Home Double-Header; Fuel Visit for Thanksgiving, Solar Bears Here Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Frozen in Time-The Weekly IceMen Update - Evansville IceMen
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Stingrays Weekly: Stingrays Celebrate Thanksgiving with the Gwinnett Gladiators - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.