Overall Record: 10-3-0-1
(2nd North Division) (Week Record 2-1-0-0) (Streak 1 Win)
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS
Wednesday November 19 vs. Fort Wayne Komets (6-3 Win)
Friday November 21 vs. Greenville Road Warriors (6-3 Loss)
Saturday November 22 vs. Evansville IceMen (6-2 Win)
THIS WEEK'S GAMES (All Times Eastern)
Friday November 28 vs. Orlando Solar Bears (7:15 p.m.) (6:45 p.m., 1230 AM Fox Sports) (BCSN)
Saturday November 29 @ Kalamazoo Wings (7:30 p.m.) (7:00 p.m., 1230 AM Fox Sports)
For the latest news on the Toledo Walleye visit www.toledowalleye.com
Ã Sixes are Wild! It was a race to six goals this past week as Toledo went 2-1-0 over three games. Class was in session Wednesday morning, during the first School Day game, as the Walleye scored three unanswered goals to beat Fort Wayne 6-3. The tables were turned by Greenville on Saturday night as they beat the Walleye to six goals in a 6-3 loss to the Road Warriors. A four goal second period Saturday night allowed the Walleye to melt the IceMen of Evansville 6-2.
Ã So Close! The loss Friday night snapped the Walleye eight game unbeaten in regulation streak (7-0-1). That tied the longest unbeaten streak in Walleye history set in December of 2009.
Ã Scoring first is the Key! Toledo scored the first goal in both of their wins this past week and has a record 9-0-0 when they claim the first goal.
Ã Special Teams are Special! The Walleye lead the ECHL in both power play percentage (30.0%) and in penalty kill percentage (90.0%). Toledo has scored at least one power play goal in eleven of the fourteen games played this season which matches a similar power play start of the 2009-10 Walleye. That team had 37 more chances on the power play through 14 games and had a percentage of 24.7%.
Ã Leading the Way! Forward Anthony Luciani is tied for the ECHL lead in scoring with 20 points (7G, 13A). He has at least one point in all but one game he has played this year. Goaltender Jeff Lerg is second among goaltenders in both goals against average (1.89) and also in save percentage (.936).
Ã Giving Thanks! Toledo has a pair following the Thanksgiving holiday. The Walleye will wrap up its nine game home stand against Orlando on Friday night at the Huntington Center. Toledo defeated the Solar Bears 4-3 on November 15. Saturday night, Toledo travels to Kalamazoo for the first meeting of the season against the Wings. The Walleye have a record of 26-33-8 all-time against Kalamazoo.
Ã Promotions! Friday night features the first Hockey and Hops beer tasting event of the season. It is also the annual turkey hat drop. Following the completion of the first period, thousands of turkey hats will drop to fans from the ceiling!
Walleye Player of the Week:
Marek Tvrdon (1 goal - 5 assists = 6 points)
Walleye Goaltender of the Week:
Jeff Lerg (2-0-0, 2.15 gaa, .938 save %)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 24, 2014
- Radio Recon's Ready for a Net-Front Battle - Reading Royals
- Reading Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Thunder Add Depth; Sign Duval - Wichita Thunder
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- The Game of the Year - Condors Teddy Bear Toss on Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- ECHL Transactions - November 24 - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Road Stretch Continues in California, Home Next Monday - Utah Grizzlies
- Missouri Acquires Jack Downing from South Carolina - Kansas City Mavericks
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Receive Forward Brandon Hynes and Defenseman Guy Leboeuf from Missouri - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Pick up Three from the AHL - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL.TV Now Available on Android Devices - ECHL
- Fuel Weekly - Indy Fuel
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Deck the Beast Halls for a Family in Need - Brampton Beast
- Solar Bears enjoying success on lenghty road trip - ECHL
- Austin Smith Loaned to Norfolk of the American Hockey League - Allen Americans
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Komets Split Weekend Home Double-Header; Fuel Visit for Thanksgiving, Solar Bears Here Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Frozen in Time-The Weekly IceMen Update - Evansville IceMen
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Stingrays Weekly: Stingrays Celebrate Thanksgiving with the Gwinnett Gladiators - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.