Austin Smith Loaned to Norfolk of the American Hockey League
Allen, Texas - The Allen Americans and the ECHL announced today that forward Austin Smith, has been loaned to the Norfolk Admirals of the American Hockey League.
Austin Smith, a Dallas Texas native played in seven games for the Allen Americans accumulating nine points, 3 goals and 6 assists. Smith joined Allen in November after playing in Europe to start the season. The former Dallas Stars draft pick has played in 38 games at the AHL level scoring two goals and four assists for six points. All 38 games played with the Texas Stars.
"Austin was one of the top players at the AA level, said Allen Americans Head Coach and General Manager Steve Martinson. "This is a good opportunity for him to be looked at by another organization, and he is being reunited with his former college center."
Austin Smith becomes the second Allen player to get an opportunity at the American Hockey League level this season, Aaron Dell has played in two games with the Worcester Sharks since being called up by Allen's AAA affiliate, and has a 1.23 goals against average along with a .931 save percentage. Spencer Asuchak went to Boston Bruins training camp, while Greger Hanson spent time at the Oklahoma City Barons camp.
The Americans hit the road for four games in five nights beginning tomorrow evening in Tulsa against the Oilers. Allen will also make stops in Missouri, back to Tulsa and Wichita before the Thanksgiving week ends.
Tickets for the Americans next home game on Wednesday, December 3rd are on sale NOW at www.ticketmaster.com or call (972) 912-1000.
The Allen Americans are the ECHL affiliate of the NHL's San Jose Sharks and AHL's Worcester Sharks. Allen is in its sixth season of professional hockey with three trips to the Presidents Cup Finals and two Presidents Cup Championships.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 24, 2014
- Radio Recon's Ready for a Net-Front Battle - Reading Royals
- Reading Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Thunder Add Depth; Sign Duval - Wichita Thunder
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- The Game of the Year - Condors Teddy Bear Toss on Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- ECHL Transactions - November 24 - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Road Stretch Continues in California, Home Next Monday - Utah Grizzlies
- Missouri Acquires Jack Downing from South Carolina - Kansas City Mavericks
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Receive Forward Brandon Hynes and Defenseman Guy Leboeuf from Missouri - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Pick up Three from the AHL - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL.TV Now Available on Android Devices - ECHL
- Fuel Weekly - Indy Fuel
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Deck the Beast Halls for a Family in Need - Brampton Beast
- Solar Bears enjoying success on lenghty road trip - ECHL
- Austin Smith Loaned to Norfolk of the American Hockey League - Allen Americans
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Komets Split Weekend Home Double-Header; Fuel Visit for Thanksgiving, Solar Bears Here Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Frozen in Time-The Weekly IceMen Update - Evansville IceMen
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Stingrays Weekly: Stingrays Celebrate Thanksgiving with the Gwinnett Gladiators - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.