Reid Petryk Loaned to AHL Chicago Wolves
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho Steelheads forward Reid Petryk has been loaned to the Chicago Wolves (AHL) ahead of tonight's game, becoming the 11th Steelheads ECHL contracted player called-up to the AHL, Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Neil Graham announced Thursday.
Petryk, 26, makes his first recall to the AHL this season following 52 games with the Steelheads, tallying 19 goals and 25 assists for 44 points with nine power play goals, one shorthanded goal and five game-winning goals. The Edmonton, Alb., native leads the Steelheads in power play goals while sitting second in assists and goals as well as third in overall scoring, and he was named Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week on January 8 for a seven-point performance and two game-winning goals. The 6-foot-1, 200-pound forward has played 205 career AHL games, tallying 36 goals and 42 assists for 78 points in four seasons. Last year, Petryk posted 13 points in 51 games with the San Antonio Rampage.
Petryk also becomes the 11th Steelheads ECHL contracted player to earn the call to the AHL, joining Ryan Faragher (Stockton, three times), Kale Kessy (Manitoba, Colorado), Steve McParland (Stockton, San Diego - twice), Brady Norrish (Texas), and Colton Saucerman (Utica).
The Steelheads open a five-game stretch and two games at Rushmore Plaza Civic tonight at 7:05 p.m. against the Rapid City Rush.
The Steelheads return to CenturyLink Arena on Wednesday, Mar. 27 at 7:10 p.m. against the Rapid City Rush. Tickets for the 2019 U.S. Bank Kelly Cup Playoffs, presented by SmileDirectClub, will be available in the coming weeks, so follow idahosteelheads.com to see when tickets go on sale. Single-game tickets and ticket packages are available for the rest of the 2018-19 season. Contact the Idaho Steelheads at 208-383-0080 for more information or log on to idahosteelheads.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 22, 2019
- Wheeling Rides Strong Third Period to Win over Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Rays Take Down KC for Third Straight Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Burn Growlers at Santander Arena in Weekend Opener, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Duffy's Hat Trick Surges Norfolk Past Jacksonville - Norfolk Admirals
- Durocher's Hat Trick Not Enough in Mavericks 5-3 Loss at South Carolina - Kansas City Mavericks
- Greg Chase Caps Two Goal Game with OT Winner in Worcester - Maine Mariners
- Railers Grab a Point But Really Wanted Two in 2-1 Overtime Loss to Mariners - Worcester Railers HC
- Despite Loss to Royals, Growlers Clinch Playoff Berth - Newfoundland Growlers
- Third Period Surge Lifts Nailers Past Indy, 5-2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Komets Ink Trio to Roster; Host Cyclones Tonight - Fort Wayne Komets
- Reid Petryk Loaned to AHL Chicago Wolves - Idaho Steelheads
- 'Blades Sign Forward Slater Doggett - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - March 22 - ECHL
- K-Wings Ink WMU's McMullen - Kalamazoo Wings
- Gladiators Re-Sign D-Man Sean Campbell - Atlanta Gladiators
- Oilers Receive Dostie and Forney from San Diego - Tulsa Oilers
- Lightning Reassign Ingram to Crunch - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers vs. Fuel Game Day Snap Shot, March 22 - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Ft. Wayne Komets - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Melancon Recalled by Laval - Norfolk Admirals
- Royals Host Growlers Friday with $1 Draft Beers, Pres. by Deibler Dental - Reading Royals
- Windsor Leads Solar Bears to Win over Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Steelheads Clinch Series with 2-1 Overtime Win over Grizzlies
- Steelheads Erase Three-Goal Deficit, Complete Comeback in 5-4 Overtime Win in Game 4
- Steelheads Battle to 3-2 Overtime Win over Utah, Take Series Lead
- Steelheads to Host Free Watch Parties for Games in Utah at SportZone
- Brad McClure Joins Steelheads from Texas Stars