Gladiators Re-Sign D-Man Sean Campbell
DULUTH, Ga. - The Atlanta Gladiators announced on Friday that they have re-signed defenseman Sean Campbell.
Campbell, 25, skated in 20 games for Atlanta at the beginning of the current campaign before suiting up for 11 games with Maine and Reading after being traded by the Glads on December 31st. Campbell skated in two games for the ECHL's Fort Wayne Komets after winning the NCAA D-III National Championship under former Head Coach and player with the Glads, Andy Brandt, at S. Norbert College in 2017-18. The East Lansing, MI native posted 49 points (15g, 34a) in 113 career games with the Green Knights. The 6-foot-1, 194-pound defender set career highs last year, during his senior season, in assists (15) and points (17) in 32 games played.
In a non-related transaction, defenseman Josh Victor has been released from his contract.
The 16th season of Atlanta Gladiators hockey continues at the Infinite Energy Arena Saturday, March 23rd, against the Kansas City Mavericks at 7:35 pm. For ticket information, visit the official team website at www.atlantagladiators.com or call the main office line at 770-497-5100.
The Gladiators are members of the ECHL, the nation's premier "AA" hockey league. All home games are played at the 9,119-seat Infinite Energy Arena, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth - where parking is always free. The Gladiators have established an unrivaled commitment to excellence, maintaining a distinctive reputation for affordable and family-friendly sports entertainment and are consistently ranked as one of the top "Things To Do" in the Atlanta area and across the North Georgia region.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 22, 2019
- Wheeling Rides Strong Third Period to Win over Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Rays Take Down KC for Third Straight Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Burn Growlers at Santander Arena in Weekend Opener, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Duffy's Hat Trick Surges Norfolk Past Jacksonville - Norfolk Admirals
- Durocher's Hat Trick Not Enough in Mavericks 5-3 Loss at South Carolina - Kansas City Mavericks
- Greg Chase Caps Two Goal Game with OT Winner in Worcester - Maine Mariners
- Railers Grab a Point But Really Wanted Two in 2-1 Overtime Loss to Mariners - Worcester Railers HC
- Despite Loss to Royals, Growlers Clinch Playoff Berth - Newfoundland Growlers
- Third Period Surge Lifts Nailers Past Indy, 5-2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Komets Ink Trio to Roster; Host Cyclones Tonight - Fort Wayne Komets
- Reid Petryk Loaned to AHL Chicago Wolves - Idaho Steelheads
- 'Blades Sign Forward Slater Doggett - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - March 22 - ECHL
- K-Wings Ink WMU's McMullen - Kalamazoo Wings
- Gladiators Re-Sign D-Man Sean Campbell - Atlanta Gladiators
- Oilers Receive Dostie and Forney from San Diego - Tulsa Oilers
- Lightning Reassign Ingram to Crunch - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers vs. Fuel Game Day Snap Shot, March 22 - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Ft. Wayne Komets - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Melancon Recalled by Laval - Norfolk Admirals
- Royals Host Growlers Friday with $1 Draft Beers, Pres. by Deibler Dental - Reading Royals
- Windsor Leads Solar Bears to Win over Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta Gladiators Stories
- Jerry James Promoted to Team President
- Glads Rally for Postseason Falls Just Short
- Predators Prospect Inks Deal with Atlanta
- South Carolina Survives with Home Victory Setting up Winner-Take-All Game Tomorrow
- Bonar Steals Crucial Point for Atlanta with Miraculous Performance in Net